• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Good2Golf said:
...assisted by a talented, fine-arts trained dancer. :nod:

Who just happened find the most perfectly fitting uniform pants....  ::)

PMedMoe said:

The Canadian version would have had her looking awkward in mal-altered mens' pants, no doubt, Moe!  ;D

Humphrey Bogart said:
7b12521f8e4173e52422ada1b3c2a0ec--steven-seagal-mel-gibson.jpg

A picture paints a thousand words  8)
Well, you'd have to go to Moscow for that burger.

PMedMoe said:

Oh fuck, I just spit up my coffee.

Preach!

And Toth the fake Marine is busted.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/stolen-valour-canada-impostor-fake-soldier-peter-toth-1.4435499

From the article:

But the Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 35 in Red Deer says it doesn't have the resources to make those checks.

By resources they mean people who have actually served.  :rofl:

jollyjacktar said:
And Toth the fake Marine is busted.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/stolen-valour-canada-impostor-fake-soldier-peter-toth-1.4435499

Marine 'More chins than a Chinese phone book' Child Stalker ;)

While this is a clear case of stolen valour to our membership, Mr Toth has not been charged under the CCC.

This includes inappropriately implying any wrong doing towards youth.

- Milnet Staff

While I would like to see a link (or reference) to the organization that produced the above material that had some semblance of evidence, taken at face value the uniform/rank/medal combination does suggest that something is incorrect.  Usually the individuals who partake in these activities. while seeking attention/adoration, do limit their fantasy to some level of non-scrutiny or at least try to avoid the wider public limelight.  It would not be so for M. Castonguay, who has been in the spotlight before, entirely unrelated to the military.  If the allegations above are correct, did he only go down this path after he lost the 2011 federal election race (as CPC candidate) in Montmorency—Charlevoix—Haute-Côte-Nord, or after being named the party spokesperson for the riding, or has this continued during his time as a political attaché for provincial Liberal MNA Raymond Bernier.  I suppose that he discontinued his registration as a veterinarian (a search of the Quebec college produced no result) if he is no longer practising.  Though most of the on-line references to him are in French and it appears that not much mention is made of a military record during the time of his run for Parliament in 2011, he does make a brief reference to military service in this interview and he is identified as a "jeune militaire blessé en Afghanistan" in this article.  If any claimed irregularities of his military service are confirmed, he will probably be subjected to greater bad publicity than he got when he was identified as the candidate who received questionable campaign contributions from SNC Lavalin back in 2011.

Or was he wearing "major rank" (must be an older photo because not pips and crowns) because he also claims to be "pipe major" (sarcasm) http://beaucemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IMG_5148.jpg

Eye In The Sky said:
Pathfinder with cherry wings?  Is that even possible?

A major with line infantry combat experience and no CD? Must be a streamer. Meet the future CDS. /sarcasm OFF

Eye In The Sky said:

Yes it is, it just means that they never served in a jump position. Admittedly it is not very common but there are some out there.

Eye In The Sky said:

Yes.  Anyone can do the course.  White wings are earned for service in a jump position.

JesseWZ said:
A major with line infantry combat experience and no CD?

That's actually quite normal.  The last time I was at a battalion, none of the company commanders had CDs and all had time in Afghanistan.

Infanteer said:
Yes.  Anyone can do the course.  White wings are earned for service in a jump position.

That's actually quite normal.  The last time I was at a battalion, none of the company commanders had CDs and all had time in Afghanistan.

Oh. I learned something today. Consider my comment retracted.

JesseWZ said:
A major with line infantry combat experience and no CD? Must be a streamer. Meet the future CDS. /sarcasm OFF

In his defense in the first picture he has 5 medals and one looks like a CD  ;D

He's been outed as a civilian instructor at a cadet camp, no previous service.

The Stolen Valour Canada has outed him.

Regards

If this individual has been outed, all well and good, but what the hell were they doing (or not doing) at 6th Fd Regt Pipes and Drum (which even if a volunteer band is still a military unit) to allow M. Castonguay to wear a CF uniform with senior officer rank and other honours and insignia.  It seems that he has been a "major" since at least 2008.

http://www.journaladsum.com/ftp/journaux/Archives/2008/VOL_37_NO_11_ADSUM_2008-11-05.pdf  (go to page 10)
. . . Puis, le choeur de
l’École des Ursulines a entonné le célébrissime Amazing
Grace accompagné par le major Michel-Éric Castonguay
(ret.) et la Musique du 62 RAC.

edited to add

and media response
https://army.ca/forums/threads/127047/post-1512761.html#msg1512761

Infanteer said:

I know what the white wings are for, I guess I thought it was...unusual for someone not in a jump position (either previously or currently) to want to do the Pathfinder training; I (assumed) the preference would be to give it to people who are current in their jump qual and that kind of stuff.

Back