• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Beat me to it SKT.

Also, I doubt anybody could tell the difference between an Argus' navigator's chair and the chair of anyone of the other console operators in an Argus.

Moreover, no one who ever flew on the Argus (which were Naval aviators then) would ever call them anti-submarine patrol bombers. They would properly refer to them as MLRP's.

Pedant alert-

OGBD, the Argus was an RCAF asset, that was subsumed into MAG when unification happened. They were never naval aviators.

SeaKingTacco said:
Pedant alert-

OGBD, the Argus was an RCAF asset, that was subsumed into MAG when unification happened. They were never naval aviators.

Correct.  :salute:

I stand corrected, SKT. I will drop and give you fifty. :)

I was thinking Tracker. However, I stand by the rest of my post: Those RCAF pilots would not call it an "anti-submarine patrol bomber", but  an MLRP … and there is no difference between the navigator's chair and those of the other operators.

Here is a better pic of the individual in question wearing his medals.

The first looks very much like an SSM.  I don't think the middle one is a Korea medal.

It's a privately purchased version of the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal popular with embellishers, poseurs, fakers, fraud artist and the LoF...

mikeninercharlie said:
It's a privately purchased version of the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal popular with embellishers, poseurs, fakers, fraud artist and the LoF...

I disagree.  The yellow borders aren't bright enough and there's no white band in the middle.

I just had another look at the high res version of the pic, it's the poser QGJM... It's sandwiched between the SSM (NATO) and the Cda125 medal.

mikeninercharlie said:
I just had another look at the high res version of the pic, it's the poser QGJM... It's sandwiched between the SSM (NATO) and the Cda125 medal.

That would make sense  as I've seen a couple of those around the GTA at Warriors Day and RCL functions usually court mounted with other gongs both authorized and paypal ones. I'm sure he'll tell you it was for his super secret UFO service.  ;D

Incidentally IIRC one or more of the smaller Carribean Commonwealth nations adopted this QGJM as a "official gong" and issued them out , maybe becasue they ran out of the official ones. Can't remember where I read that and really not interested in looking it up.

PMedMoe said:
Middle one looks like a UN Angola Verification Mission (UNAVEM) to me...but the dates don't jive...

:dunno:

Wouldn't there then be a corresponding CPSM? I really can't see him forgetting that.

Here's a link to only one company that makes these. there are others out there.

http://bigburymint.com/commemorative-full-size-medals/

It's only illegal if it is likely to be mistaken for an award that was earned for war service.  Diamond jubilee doesn't fit that criteria.

(b) wears a distinctive mark relating to wounds received or service performed in war, or a military medal, ribbon, badge, chevron or any decoration or order that is awarded for war services, or any imitation thereof, or any mark or device or thing that is likely to be mistaken for any such mark, medal, ribbon, badge, chevron, decoration or order

If it's not listed on the Canadian Order of Precedence (http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=14979), then it's unauthorized for mounting /wearing it with legitimately awarded / gazetted orders, medals and or decorations.... I'm giving Rubin the benefit of the doubt that the SSM he's sporting is legitimate. 

Back