• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Actually I as thinking that you the OP may want to ask his co worker if he was SIU and see if there is a reaction.

Macey said:
Was it like the Blues Brothers?

You know now that I think about it that's an apt description of them, or at least the ones I ran across.  8)

They had some pretty kick-ass make-up kits and wig racks too, at least they did in the mid 90's.

LineJumper said:
They had some pretty kick-*** make-up kits and wig racks too, at least they did in the mid 90's.

Hey whatever they chose to do when off duty, and in the privacy of their quarters was their business alone, Trudeau said so.  8)

57Chevy said:
The complete rundown on the walt brothers, John and George Hines which is
from ANZMI and shared with provisions of The copyright Act

The Hines Twins - John (Jack) Anthony Hines and George Edward Hines, aka George Edward Carr
Warning viewing the photographs in this exposure may cause nausea.
http://www.anzmi.net/hines/hines.html

Awesome stuff.  i want to put in for medal #9. National Meal.  I'd have all sorts of bars and numbers on that one...

From South of the Border.....
A congressional hopeful said Monday he’s dropping out of the race for a northwest Arkansas seat amid questions about his military record.

Democrat Ken Aden announced he plans to withdraw from the race against Republican incumbent Steve Womack after the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported military records and statements from officials contradict Aden’s claim that he was an Army Special Forces soldier.

“Unfortunately, the ongoing saga related to my military records has created a tremendous distraction for our campaign, and I did not want this to have adverse consequences for Democrats across the district or anywhere else in the state,” Aden said in a statement.

Aden said he intends to withdraw from the race effective 5 p.m. Monday ....
From a previous piece on the same individual.....
.... Aden, the Democratic nominee running against Republican incumbent Steve Womack for northwest Arkansas’ congressional seat, claims he’s qualified as a Special Forces soldier, but the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette said last month that military records prove otherwise.

(....)

Dave Chace, spokesman for the U.S. Army Special Warfare Center and School at Fort Bragg, N.C., told the newspaper Aden couldn’t be confused about completing Special Forces training because he signed paperwork after his instructors kicked him out of the course stating that he understood he had failed and was not allowed to continue training necessary to become a Green Beret.

“Those formal counseling sessions were documented in accordance with Army policy, and we have those forms on file here at the school,” Chace said. “And he signed it.”

This should bring pride to all REAL members. Some people out there dream of being us. How pathetic is that!

fraserdw said:
Before '97 it was called SIU (special Investigations Unit).  Rather comical bunch, they drove around "undercover" in propane powered black Dodge K cars wearing dark suits with white socks and CF oxfords (low shoes as we called them back then).

Actually, the successor to the SIU was the CF National Counter-Intelligence Unit (NCIU), not the CFNIS. The CFNIS was created out of really nothing and had no predecessor. 

Retired AF Guy said:
Actually, the successor to the SIU was the CF National Counter-Intelligence Unit (NCIU), not the CFNIS. The CFNIS was created out of really nothing and had no predecessor. 
I disagree.  I was in the trade then, and the members of both came from the former in their mandates.

Which unit was it that went around spying on people trying to catch them being gay?
I thought that was SIU?

ObedientiaZelum said:
Which unit was it that went around spying on people trying to catch them being gay?

The Electrical and Mechanical Engineers ?

flag_eme.jpg

I kid, i kid......

ObedientiaZelum said:
I thought that was SIU?
Yes, it was.  Back when that garbage mattered to some.

CDN Aviator said:
The Electrical and Mechanical Engineers ?

flag_eme.jpg

I kid, i kid......

Just remember, the Air Force is on the bottom. :nana:

Thought that was a Vandoo flag for a sec until I thaw the paler thade of bloooo at the bottom...

MM

I have seen some ex-RSM's and other Senior NCO's who have retired and are walting as civilians, wandering around with handlebar moustaches, razor sharp creases in their causal slacks and using pace sticks to measure off the required steps to the bus stops.

Colin P said:
I have seen some ex-RSM's and other Senior NCO's who have retired and are walting as civilians, wandering around with handlebar moustaches, razor sharp creases in their causal slacks and using pace sticks to measure off the required steps to the bus stops.

Haha that's what I'm doing.

Colin P said:

Hey I trimmed my handlebar down and I tried to teach my manservant to stop pressing the slacks old boy.  8)

What the U.S. may try to help the public out some walts:
After years of rejecting the idea, the Pentagon is now considering the creation of a publicly accessible database of military valor awards as a way to deter military fakers.

The change of heart comes as some key lawmakers — including Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee’s personnel panel — are moving to restore criminal penalties for people who wear medals that are not authorized.

The Pentagon’s internal review comes after the Supreme Court in June struck down the 2006 law that made it a federal crime to lie about receiving military medals. The high court said the law was violated the First Amendment right to free speech.

However, the justices acknowledged that preserving the integrity of military honors is important. They specifically suggested that the Defense Department help create an online database where the public could check up on politicians, job applicants and others who claim to be decorated heroes.

Now the Defense Department agrees that may be a good idea.

“We are exploring the option of standing up a database of valor awards,” Pentagon spokesman George Little told reporters Tuesday. “We have not arrived at a conclusion yet, but that process is ongoing.”....
Stars & Stripes, 10 Jul 12

A step in the right direction, however it needs to record more that valour awards. To not include regular awards would just encourage the walts to fore go their bronze stars etc, and keep wearing the medals and decorations for service and the like.

Back