• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Back not long after the dawn of time, one of the platoon warrant officers in my company was a WO Major.  He was sergeant-major of 1 Cdo the last time I saw him.

Rodriguez surrendered the fake items yesterday, and they'll be sent to Rideau Hall for destruction. EOM, or, is it?

Does the wound stripe in the bag imply he was not entitled to the SM, either?

Bwahahaha!  That wound stripe is a cut in half Pte/T chevron.  Now that's ballsy.

Kat Stevens said:
Bwahahaha!  That wound stripe is a cut in half Pte/T chevron.  Now that's ballsy.
    :nod:

wound.jpg
  <--- well, his is   the same colour. Other than that though.....  :facepalm:

First correct action he's taken I'll bet, in a very long time.  How long until he falls off the wagon?

jollyjacktar said:
First correct action he's taken I'll bet, in a very long time.  How long until he falls off the wagon?

I'm guessing he still has his Canadian Airborne Regiment tattoo. I believe it's on either his right or left forearm.

mikeninercharlie said:
Rodriguez surrendered the fake items yesterday, and they'll be sent to Rideau Hall for destruction. EOM, or, is it?

M9C,

Well done. Thank your for keeping the RCMS asshats in check. Bloodly hell, every corps has at least one.  :-[

MC

Good2Golf said:
Does the wound stripe in the bag imply he was not entitled to the SM, either?

The SM would have been for any wounds incurred after 2001.

Schleps that got wounded prior to that date, are not entitled to the Sacrifice Medal just the stripe.

Lord Byron does indeed have the SM - though as I've noted, it was not due to enemy action, but a kid with a rock.....

How he was deemed a candidate for the QDJM with all of his history is beyond me as well.....

As soon as the dust settles, he'll be right back at it. In the ~20 years I've been aware of him, he's repeatedly fabricated stories about himself.

Not like we don't know where he is now.  We should get a bunch of medics/ex-medics out for a road trip to SK, have a scene out of Neighbours and start tossing beer cans/kegs/humans full of beer all over his lawn and such, then all pass out in human letters spelling WALT.  Incontinence and vomiting would be an added bonus.

MM

The SM would have been for any wounds incurred after 2001.

Schleps that got wounded prior to that date, are not entitled to the Sacrifice Medal just the stripe.

Hmmm…nose nicked by a stone - SM...filled with Balkan lead—cloth thingy that some people misinterpret for years-of-service insignia, check.

There need a to be some reconsideration of retroactivity of the SM.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

mariomike said:
February 15, 2016

"One of our friends from the United States’ hat send us their research on this fellow, S Byron Rodriguez, who claims that he is a wounded warrior of the Canadian Forces."
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=64357

Comments
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=64357#comments

If it is the same blogs as what I have seen, they reference this thread.

mariomike said:
What category would that fall under?

Examples for the Sacrifice Medal - Eligible Cases
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/smec-msce-eng.asp

Wounded under honourable circumstances as a direct result of hostile action:
◾collision of an aircraft, vehicle or vessel, on the condition that the occurrence is directly related to a hostile action

Clearly.

Anything is an aircraft if its given sufficient thrust, the stone aircraft collided with his face, and whomever the kid and whatever their reasons, the kid directly related to this guy with a hostile action.

mariomike said:
What category would that fall under?

Examples for the Sacrifice Medal - Eligible Cases
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhr-ddhr/chc-tdh/smec-msce-eng.asp

Wounded under honourable circumstances as a direct result of hostile action:
◾Enemy gunshot wound in action
◾Improvised Explosive Device (IED) strike against a vehicle
◾Explosion of a pressure-triggered anti-personnel mine
◾Aircraft shot down or ship sunk or damaged by hostile fire
◾Rocket attack inside the wire
◾Explosion while removing or neutralizing land mines or bombs (due to mine or bomb disposal duty)
◾Building collapse while attempting to rescue individuals trapped following an enemy air strike or terrorist attack (due to rescue duty)
◾Vehicle-borne suicide attack against a convoy or ship
◾Terrorist attack against an embassy or government building in Canada or elsewhere
◾collision of an aircraft, vehicle or vessel, on the condition that the occurrence is directly related to a hostile action

Just to throw a note of caution in and to play devil's advocate, to the best of my knowledge, none of us are actually privy to the grounds on which his SM was awarded. It would seem reckless to assume that the chain of command was that unaware of the criteria. An alternative possibility exists that he was diagnosed with an operational stress injury from his tour. Such medical information would not be any of our business.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this. But I want to be cautious in assumign the chain of command was right out of 'er. In the strictest sense, being struck with a rock in what is unquestionably a warzone would qualify as 'hostile action'. I've seen members here excuse Israeli soldiers for shooting teenagers for the same offense. It's an asault with a weapon that has the potential to cause grievous bodily harm or death. If we take the context of it being a poobird out of it, do we really want to go down that rabbit hole of what does and doesn't 'count'?

On a separate note, I'm all for a retroactive awarding of the SM to those who were awarded the wound stripe, or who would qualify under SM criteria.

Back