• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Want to join, question on programs offered..?

K.Chu

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Army buddies/people/personnel/whatever suits you well  :p,

I'm planning on joining PRes soon, but I have a confusion on the "Weekly BMQ" that some units offer..I know that this might vary from unit to unit, and I was told to ask the unit specifically for what they offer, but I just want to get a general idea on what YOUR unit offers about BMQ?

This is what I got so far from my friends on what their unit offers:

A) BMQ in a darn camp over 9 weeks - course over the summer (up in CFB Borden)
B) "Weekly BMQ" - every other weekend training

Now, am I confusing that: BMQ camp = weekly BMQ, or BMQ = Camp + Weekly BMQ?

Get me? I don't get myself.. Help me out?

P.S. I live in Toronto, and planning on either going to units located in Fort York or Denison Armoury

Thanks.  :salute:

K.Chu said:
This is what I got so far from my friends on what their unit offers:

A) BMQ in a darn camp course over 9 weeks - course over the summer (up in CFB Borden)
B) "Weekly BMQ" - every other weekend training

Now, am I confusing that: BMQ camp course = weekly BMQ, or BMQ = Camp course + Weekly BMQ?

Get me? I don't get myself.. Help me out?

P.S. I live in Toronto, and planning on either going to units located in Fort York or Denison Armoury

Thanks.  :salute:

Have you searched the site for the answers to your questions?

Search Results: "weekend BMQ", 30 threads, including many from the GTA.
http://forums.navy.ca/forums/index.php?action=search2

Search Results: "Borden BMQ", 30 threads, including the 9 and 13 week discussions of the course (vice camp).
http://forums.navy.ca/forums/index.php?action=search2

You were on the right track to begin with, there are two types of BMQ:

1.  Full time - X amount of weeks in Borden (or some other location); or

2.  Part time - weekend training only, usually in (or close to) your unit's location.

Take the advice kratz gave you and use the Search function.

Okay, thanks :) I'm new to this whole smf forum business, thanks for the search link :D

Now, should I go to my recruiting office, or should I directly go to the PRes unit for recruitment?

Start by contacting the units you are interested in.  Some will have a unit recruiter that you can talk to, the unit recruiter will advise you to see the Recruiting Centre to start the process. Be warned that many units may not be looking for a lot of new recruits right now, many have files on people waiting for vacancies, and there may not be many vacancies available this year.

Thanks for the info there . hehe.. Going to call tomrrow!

Also, when you're getting your recruiting package at the recruiting center, make sure you notify them its for the PRes. There's a special form that the recruiting officer at your PRes unit of choice will need to fill out before CFRC will process your application.

K.Chu said:
Thanks for the info there . hehe.. Going to call tomrrow!

All the best let us know how it goes / or has gone.

Back