• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: 180K x "Nice underwear" for RCN

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Wanted:  industry engagement/input on "Nice Underwear" for Canadian sailors .....
.... The purpose of this Letter of Interest (LOI)/ Request for Information (RFI) is to inform Industry that the Department of National Defence (DND) has identified a requirement for temperate drawers for the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN).

This LOI/RFI solicits the participation of industry for feedback on the following:

- To create a dialogue between Canada and the industry with the view of determining industry's capability to address the purchase of two styles of drawers, Type 1 (Men's) and Type II (Women's).
- Understanding capability and availability of potential existing commercial solutions and their general price point .
- Identifying comments and concerns with the requirements and insight into any related alternative.

The results of this LOI/RFI will be used to aid in the specification development and purchase of an approximate
quantity of 150,000 drawers Type I and 30,000 drawers Type II ....
More details here, proposed look of the new inner wear below.

So the Army gets unisex underwear but the Navy gets male and female underwear, kind of offsets all the stores I've heard about Sailors and lumberjacks.

my72jeep said:
So the Army gets unisex underwear but the Navy gets male and female underwear, kind of offsets all the stores I've heard about Sailors and lumberjacks.

There's the two types designed....but their only buying the female style.

;D

Re the .jpg:
Are RCN women actually bald?? And both sexes develop webbed hands and feet or are recruited that way?
C'mon, I thought those were myths.

ME

It's kinds equally PC though. The guy has a muffin top.

Offsets the bald chick with no chin.

;D

The attached pic; that is some quality graphics right there.  Well done!  Did the Navy thank the Grade 3 student for it?

Eye In The Sky said:
The attached pic; that is some quality graphics right there.  Well done!  Did the Navy thank the Grade 3 student for it?

Part of the budget cuts.  :nod:

Sigs Pig said:
Re the .jpg:
Are RCN women actually bald?? And both sexes develop webbed hands and feet or are recruited that way?

ME

Webbed hands, hell.  They've got no fingers.  And the shit locker isn't large enough on the guy.

The Army underwear sucks for summer and sweat, except for the fact that its long enough to prevent chaffing on the thighs, hopefully they will take that into consideration for Dark Blue/Black Skivvies...Do we really need separate underwear for all 3 services btw (assuming the RCAF makes different ones as well) phase out the green stuff and make it all black.

Sigs Pig said:
Re the .jpg:

ME

And that absolutely made my day!

Perhaps TMI follows

Get Nautical said:
The Army underwear sucks for summer and sweat
OK, I've gone from 'tighty whities' to boxers to the current army issue, and the current ones are the best.  Regardless of what is worn, in the Infantry, you get sweaty nuts in the summer.

.... long enough to prevent chaffing on the thighs
That is a good feature -- for some folks more than others    >:D

...assuming the RCAF makes different ones as well....
I've heard that the RCAF is going for thongs [male & female] because of that scandalous "panty line."  However, because they 'deploy' to 4-star hotels, there's always a laundry service that can deal with 'delicates'

....phase out the green stuff and make it all black.
I'm OK with that.  If I need green skivvies so as not to be seen by the bad guys during daylight, something's gone horribly, horribly wrong.

.....I now return you to Naval insights.

I know a guy who was caught wearing an actual banana hammock, and received a lifetime supply of jokes and one liners. All of the NCO's took to calling him "slipitoff" (a play on his name).
Some people take "whatever is comfortable" to the next level...

milnews.ca said:
A matter of tastes, is it?  :whistle:
A matter of tasting more like...  as a general rule, we're a little bit plumper than our green cousins from what I've seen.  Myself included.

Journeyman said:
Perhaps TMI follows
OK, I've gone from 'tighty whities' to boxers to the current army issue, and the current ones are the best.  Regardless of what is worn, in the Infantry, you get sweaty nuts in the summer.
That is a good feature [long leg length to prevent chaffing]  -- for some folks more than others    >:D

lighter material with mesh venting at the thigh / crotch seam for the mens gitch maybe. But I've always just wore Joe Boxer Boxers.

Marks Work Wear House Driwear socks are the only socks Ive seen that can be worn without an outersock, in dress shoes or work boots; so far that keep my feet dry of sweat (sock gets soaked but feet stay dry), that don't cost a ton at 9.99 for 2 pr in Alberta. Maybe they could use the same type of material.

Get Nautical said:
The Army underwear sucks for summer and sweat, except for the fact that its long enough to prevent chaffing on the thighs, hopefully they will take that into consideration for Dark Blue/Black Skivvies...Do we really need separate underwear for all 3 services btw (assuming the RCAF makes different ones as well) phase out the green stuff and make it all black.

The CA and RCAF ones are "one in the same".  We also use the same sock system.

Back