• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted: Cadpat Arid used equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPJ

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all, I have been looking around a while and I wanted to see if anyone knows were to get some cad pat ar kit?

Looking for the tac vest, arid rain suit, any arid molle pouches, arid back packs large or small.

Pm me for details

CP Gear has a lot of good Arid CADPAT stuff too... and a lot of it has more LCF than the actual issued kit. The biggest benefit is you won't be in possession of stolen property if you choose to get the "knock off"s :)

yes I understand that items are controlled but once it makes it to surplus its legal to obtain as long as it make it to surplus, that more what Im looking for.

Additionally if anyone had places like CP gear (which I own a number of there products) is selling off there ARID great, TW is easy enough to get but ARID is harder to come by and a lot of the after market kit which was made is no longer made in ARID only TW.

Thanks.

WPJ said:
yes I understand that items are controlled but once it makes it to surplus its legal to obtain as long as it make it to surplus, that more what Im looking for.

I'm sure Vern just felt a disturbance in the Force..... 
smiley_emoticons_star-wars-yoda1-blau.gif

WPJ said:

And by law it's not supposed to end up there....

It makes it to surplus for two reasons:

1) Somebody in the supply chain failed at their job: or,

2) Someone stole it and sold it to the surplus store.

Neither reason is enough to let you buy it at the surplus store and legally wear it.

If you have a controlled item you're not entitled to and wear it, you are breaking the law.

WPJ said:

HAHAHAHAHAH not even close

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/page-173.html#h-100

Possession of property obtained by crime

354. (1) Every one commits an offence who has in his possession any property or thing or any proceeds of any property or thing knowing that all or part of the property or thing or of the proceeds was obtained by or derived directly or indirectly from
(a) the commission in Canada of an offence punishable by indictment; or
(b) an act or omission anywhere that, if it had occurred in Canada, would have constituted an offence punishable by indictment.

355. Every one who commits an offence under section 354
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or
(b) is guilty
(i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or
(ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,
where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.

As recceguy stated, controlled items end up in surplus in 1 of 2 ways.  Through negligence (which would be "an act of ommssion") or through theft.  MP's do in fact visit surplus stores (especially ones located near bases) searching for the very items you are seeking. 

At out clearance at stores, many o many retiring or end of TOS personelle have got to keep quite a bit of items.

I know for certain a lot got to keep nearly everything on kit list's, both old olive drab up to 2001 and original pac safety tact vest, to all the arid and woodland relish cadpat. minus the two newer rucks, and some the flack vests. I know quite a bit that kept unit bought web gear and extra kit/equipment as well.
written off as consumables, written off as either checked back in or 'next to skin' clothing.

They let us keep our floppy hats when we were clearing out after my second tour in KAF. I was surprised by that.

NFLD Sapper said:
And by law it's not supposed to end up there....

NFLD Dapper, can you share a link to the Canadian law which states it can't be surpluses or is it rather just a CF law/regulation.

Thanks

It's called the Defence Production Act.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/D-1/page-9.html#h-9

Check Part 2: Restriction of Access to Controlled Goods. Beyond that, I won't be holding your hand any further. There are also technical regulations and schedules of controlled goods listed with the Act.

IIRC it falls under the Controlled Goods Directive...

EDITED TO ADD

Which falls under what was said here:

JesseWZ said:

Check Part 2: Restriction of Access to Controlled Goods. Beyond that, I won't be holding your hand any further. There are also technical regulations and schedules of controlled goods listed with the Act.

WhiskeyTango said:
At out clearance at stores, many o many retiring or end of TOS personelle have got to keep quite a bit of items.

I know for certain a lot got to keep nearly everything on kit list's, both old olive drab up to 2001 and original pac safety tact vest, to all the arid and woodland relish cadpat. minus the two newer rucks, and some the flack vests. I know quite a bit that kept unit bought web gear and extra kit/equipment as well.
written off as consumables, written off as either checked back in or 'next to skin' clothing.

Loachman said:
They let us keep our floppy hats when we were clearing out after my second tour in KAF. I was surprised by that.

None of that necessarily means you were supposed to be allowed to keep that stuff.  You could very well have been allowed to, but we have all seen how the various and numerous regulations/directives/orders (on any number of issues, for example allowance entitlements) can be misinterpreted, not interpreted correctly, or not interpreted at all.  Which is why the criminal code section I mentioned has the act of ommission clause.

JesseWZ said:

JesseWZ,

Thank you for providing me that link.  I have tried to find a link to a list of controlled items but I have not found one can you also provide that.  I have seen plenty of references to CADPAT is a registered trade mark but no statement of a Canada controlled item, I am nr trying to say that it is not but rather trying to find a reference to say that t is outside of a internal military only document.

Thanks

WPJ, I'm off work right now after having an ACL reconstruction surgery. Once I get back to work I will check to see if the list is available on the civilian internet and not just the DWAN. It may be a couple weeks yet before getting back in the saddle here but if the list doesn't come up before then I'll try to remember to check.

JesseWZ

That would be great Id love to see the link. I would like to see how they list is via certain NSN or description etc.  I have seen some of the after market CADPAT TW/AR have a CADPAT(R) patch down to the from to meet DND requirements for using genuine CADPAT pattern material.  I am assuming that it was not IR treated.

Thanks again for checking into this.

Why would someone want CADPAT(AR or TW), unless they were doing the jtfninjasniper thing in the middle of the Mattawa in August.

Or a paintball freak.

Or for the, supposed, LCF.

Or to be a poser.

There's plenty of after market stuff, and even some old, solid green Canadian surplus available to wear in the bush, for hunting, fishing or taking pictures.

No one, other than a serving soldier who needs it for their deployment or their job, requires CADPAT, whether it be AR or TW.

If you want CADPAT, go by that knock off Cadet stuff and quit trying to skirt the rules.

Recceguy

There is no need for the name calling or speculations.

I am looking for a link/document which states or lists to items which are controlled.  As this should back up everyone perceptions.

WPJ said:
Recceguy

There is no need for the name calling or speculations.

I am looking for a link/document which states or lists to items which are controlled.  As this should back up everyone perceptions.

You want the list of controlled goods? Do an Access to Information Request (FOIA request).

The uniforms are on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back