• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

War Trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.

stollhofen

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if a  canadian soldier captures a enemy soldiers weapon  is he allowed to keep it ? Or other things that the enemy is caring ? If not what happens ??

Usually gets destroy or held back in the lines for bargain table.

stollhofen said:
Just wondering if a Canadian soldier captures a enemy soldiers weapon  is he allowed to keep it ? Or other things that the enemy is caring ? If not what happens ??

No, and how about you fill out your profile a little more.

Also take note to the correction I made above.

Depending on what got captured, the unit may decide to keep it.

1 CER tried for the Iraqi BMP that Maint Tp re-habbed in '91.

stollhofen said:
Just wondering if a  canadian soldier captures a enemy soldiers weapon  is he allowed to keep it ? Or other things that the enemy is caring ? If not what happens ??
It baffles me that with your pedigree RCR, 2 & 3 CDO, you would come up with this question but, hey... I'll bite....
Weapons are weapons. Automatic weapons are prohibited in Canada... Capisce?
However, if you want his nifty super duper encoding ring, I guess you could negotiate a trade.............

Sounds kind of fishy to me.Someone with that much experience asking such a stupid question.

No need for further speculation.  We all know that in the past soldiers brought home souvenirs, anyone that has been out of the system for a while would not necessarily be aware of current standards.

Locked with usual caveats, if you have a current and specific reference to add, a Moderator may open the thread.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back