• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

It is with regret that I must inform you that former Army.ca member Big Bad John appears to have misstated some facts and led people astray. Many of the personal facts presented by John Hill (AKA Sean Hill) did not add up under scrutiny, and many claims he made seemed "too good to be true." Mr. Hill has recently erased all tracks of himself from this site.

If anyone still has contact with Mr. Hill, especially if financial or personal information is involved, I strongly urge you to proceed with caution. His last known e-mail addresses is tinmanjohn57@sympatico.ca, and he has been known to use cobhman@campus.ie previously.

John, if the information I have is somehow in error, you know how to contact me to set the record straight.

As an additional note to the membership, the Staff has been on to BigBadJohn for quite some time now.  So far, through informal, discreet searches we've drawn a blank on his claims.  However, do to his rather innocuous claims (none of the "I was a sniper and killed a division with my KFS" types that we are used to) and his claim of foreign service, we've been having trouble getting 100% verification through back-door, discrete checks.  We are now in the process of doing a public verification and should be able to fill out our case against this guy.

We were monitoring him and weren't really surprised when he pulled plug here.  We hope to solve this story once and for all in the near future, as BigBadJohn was a fairly active member here for some time.  This should serve as a warning to everyone to watch for those they meet on the internet (or in real life, as many of have), as they may not be all they are saying they are.

Stay tuned.

Infanteer.

As you can see, members sometimes try to hide their activities and identities:

Mike Bobbitt said:
All,

It is with regret that I must inform you that former Army.ca member Big Bad John appears to have misstated some facts and led people astray.

Previous records show his profile prior to his changes on departure:

Name:  big bad john
Position:  Army.ca Subscriber
IP:  ##############
Hostname:  Ottawa-HSE-ppp264735.sympatico.ca
Date Registered:  February 06, 2005, 17:16:27
Last Active:  ##########

Unit:   
MOC:   
Mil Exp:  23 years Royal Marines

Notes:  Security clearence came through! In the Defense Industry.

Email:  tinmanjohn57@sympatico.ca

Folks,

A year to the day after posting the original warning, I have an update. CTV's W-FIVE will be airing a piece on "cyber sharks" this Saturday, November 3rd at 1900 ET, and John Hill will be included in this segment.

I encourage everyone to watch and draw their own conclusions.

Cheers
Mike

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/67032.0.html
Oakville Meet & Greet - 3 NOVEMBER - THE KINGS ARMS

Gee, I wonder if the bar will mind if we shut off HNIC for W-5? ;D

Like Whiskey replied in Ottawa last spring when I asked what he that of his whole defence/ marines story?......."This guys a f#&*ing a@$hole!!"

Bruce Monkhouse said:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/67032.0.html
Oakville Meet & Greet - 3 NOVEMBER - THE KINGS ARMS

Gee, I wonder if the bar will mind if we shut off HNIC for W-5?

That's okay, Bruce, we can always catch it on CTV Broadband later.  I, for one, plan on watching it.

I know I will. Obviously our fearless leader Mr.Bobbit is in the know about something. As 0

This burns me. I asked questions regarding the Royal Marines and the vague answers he gave me were due to "operational security" wich is fine, i can accept it but to find out this asshat didn't even serve? Or am I missing the picture here?

ArmyRick said:
This burns me. I asked questions regarding the Royal Marines and the vague answers he gave me were due to "operational security" wich is fine, i can accept it but to find out this asshat didn't even serve? Or am I missing the picture here?

He MAY have served......somewhere, doing......something. I think there was talk he may have been a cook, not sure though.

Hey, and for us members who can't access this, could someone post an AAR to brief us, ha! Wouldn,t mind to catch the goss on this.

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Hey, and for us members who can't access this, could someone post an AAR to brief us, ha! Wouldn,t mind to catch the goss on this.

Cheers,

Wes

(seriousness of the matter aside)

Your AAR

I just saw him being accosted on CTV Newsnet during a commercial.

"So you didn't think you were destroying lives?" was the question ans he hurried away.

Made my stomach twist into a knot.

Regards

Actually I think I have seen that clip as well. Is that him?

I am a little lost on this subject on BBJ?

He is on the news because of Army.ca?

What is thed latest poop on our resident poser??

Cheers,

Wes

Im with Crow on this one, I am really new to this site, but it sounds like this man lied alot to alot of people, including the news? If it isnt too much of a touchy subject can someone fill us new guys in one the full story?

Mike Bobbitt said:
A year to the day after posting the original warning, I have an update.

Wow.  Amazing that a year has gone by already.  And thanks for the info on the show Mike.  I'm planning on being in Oakville at the meet, but will for sure try to catch it at some point.

As for the people that are out of the loop, I don't know what to say.  I mean, there are lots of us who could tell you all kinds of things, but my personal opinion is that you should watch the show if you're interested and as Mike said, draw your own conclusions.  I think saying much more by anyone would lead to alot more speculation and rumours and stories.  Not saying that it can all be wrong to talk about it, but it also dredges up some moments that some may prefer to leave alone.  To put it short, he was a regular on the site here, became a friend of many members of the boards and is now no longer a member.

career_radio-checker said:
Moe, Wasn't he at the Meet and Greet in Kingston this summer?

Definitely not!!! I believe you may have mistaken him for my friend, Bob.

Back