• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warrior Platoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMG I said:
No, he should not be "ashamed" for failing. You have no right to tell someone that.

Be disappointed, but never ashamed. Learn from your mistakes, and improve.

Sure I can. It's my opinion.  If you want to hug yourself in a mirror or something thats up to you.

Scott said:
*If the CF is now making new tests to account for someone's "shape" (i.e. rack) then I see no issue with this. It's realistic.

As long as that "rack' doesn't preclu,....wait, this is still about push-ups et al,....isn't it?? :-[

SMG I said:
No, he should not be "ashamed" for failing. You have no right to tell someone that.

Be disappointed, but never ashamed. Learn from your mistakes, and improve.

Eh?

Oh, just read your info, nevermind.

By the way, OZ used more than the word "ashamed" and also, at least to me, provided a positive note. Shame and embarrassment SHOULD be a great motivator in this instance.

Is what i don't like is that about the PT test (unless it has changed in the last couple of years) when you do all the physical tests sit ups, hand grip, run etc. you are in a group and everyone sees you doing that part of the test, but when it comes to the push up part then everyone not being tested  was in an other room. You were taken to do your push ups by the PSP staff and your feet were toward some one else and you could not see the others doing their test. In Gagetown you were behind a curtain with dividers so you couldn't see or be seen. The PSP staff in St Jean were particular pricks to Officers Cadets and the were purposely finding fault with push ups. This was so prevalent that the Brigade Commander from 1 CMBG told the units and others that they should do there PT test in Edmonton before going to ST Jean for their training.

My problem is that some PSP staff get on their little power trips and get to bragging about how hard they are, and how many students they personally failed. The only way that they can fail some one is by interpreting with their own personal opinion if that was a good enough push up or not. As far as the form and not telling the new recruits what the form is, likens to the the PT test done at the Old Jump school in Edmonton. How many of you knew before you got there that the chin up test wasn't done on a bar but a piece of 2 x 6 plank? It made a big difference and soldiers failed because for what ever reason they couldn't get the required amount or again one of the testers didn't like their form.

To all these people complaining:

If you're physically fit, you'll be able to do the required number and much, much higher.

If you're not physically fit and you're joining the military, GET INTO SHAPE.

Seriously, even 50+ push-ups shouldn't be a problem, whatever the form.

FutureSailor said:
To all these people complaining:

If you're physically fit, you'll be able to do the required number and much, much higher.

If you're not physically fit and you're joining the military, GET INTO SHAPE.

Seriously, even 50+ push-ups shouldn't be a problem, whatever the form.
Good summary - since this didn't end up being the "advice from/questions to someone in Warrior Pl" thread some hoped for, I think we've gone full circle on the "ya gotta be REALLY fit" message.

Milnet.ca Staff

I’m 5 foot and weigh 160
I read somewhere that for regular force you do your fitness test at BMQ and I also read somewhere that if your fail the fitness rest at BMQ that they send you somewhere else for up to 90 days to get in shape. Am I right in saying this ?
Any thoughts or comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back