• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Was it a bad idea?

alexpb

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, here is my "personal story" :p

The first time i walked into the CFRC i was not sure that the CF was for me. I was downtown at the day (it was a beautiful day).
I walked in, in a comical shirt and shorts.

Everyone else in there (that wasn't working there) were in long pants and a normal shirt.
All i wanted was information about the CF and what was available to me.

It kept going through my head that maybe i should of wore a more appropriate shirt to be taken more seriously.
The shirt i had on said "I'm ugly on the inside too" and had a zipper/stitched up line going across it.
It kept going through my head, over and over, while the sergeant was talking to me. I felt embarassed, but at the same time. I did not go in there looking to sign up right away. All i wanted was information.

A few times when one of the sergeants was talking to me, he would glance down at my shirt. I knew they all read what it said, but no one mentioned anything about it, but i still felt embarassed being in such a place with that shirt on.
A few times i casually tried to cover my arm across my chest so he couldn't read it, because it seemed like he glanced at it a number of times.

The next couple of times i went in there, i was in proper attire, i made sure to look presentable with pants, and a dress-like shirt on.

Even though no one ever said anything about the shirt, i still feel embarassed about it, and i feel i shoudl of came in looking presentable.

I know it's not a big deal, but little stuff like this urks me and i doubt i will forget it anytime soon.

And thats my story! Enjoy...even though it sucked :p

;D  Well any shirt with writing on it is distracting.  I'm only speculating here, but I doubt anyone thought ill of you for wearing that shirt.  The recruiting office is there for people who are interested in the forces; it is a place to go for the answers you seek.  When you are in, however, you will be told how to dress.  ;) and you will comply.
I think showing that you have a little humor in you is a good thing; Lord knows we all need it!
:warstory:

LOL Alexpb, I apologize in advance but that was pretty funny. First and foremost, if you had known prior who to dress to pay a visit to the CFRC and instead showing in your fav comical t-shirt is no fault of your own. They probably got a kick out of it too (even if they didn't show it) but it has no standing on how your recruting process goes. I also believe that having a good sense of humour in the CF throughout your career goes a long way because without that you may find life a little dull in general not just in the CF. My advice however is that next time you go down there and or if you are going down to write your CFAT or interview, come dressed in casual business dress (polo shirt, dress shirt and slacks etc, try no sneakers as well) and keep that sense of humour whenever you feel is neccessary, it'll come in handy at the time of your interview. Good Luck to you!  :cdn:

some of my favourite T-shirts have stupid sayings, ie. "If you think you feel good, you should feel me." It's nothing. Don't worry about it.
In fact, I intend to start having some of my favourite stuff silk-screened onto the backs of my issued T-shirts. Should cause some heart-attacks and laughs.

Thanks, all the replies make me feel better about it.

I do have quite the sense of humour, but i also know when to turn it off and when to be mature. I still love that shirt though. I also have a hoodie that says "High on life!" and underneathe it says "...and glue!". I'm glad i didn't wear that one lol

Back