• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapons Engineering Technician Occupation Manager

paulrodger

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day,
          I've started this topic as a way to answer questions regarding the new Weapons Engineering Technician Occupation. I will endeavor to answer all questions regarding the new occupation in a timely manner. It is important that everyone gets the right information and has as much information as possible so the occupation can move forward. I believe that the new occupation is a step forward for the Navy and will set us up for success as we get new platforms. Other occupation groups in the Navy are likely to follow suit in amalgamating. 

Hi there,

I'm currently doing the WEng Tech bridging course to be completed in Dec. of 2011, then Applications phase from Jan-March 2012, followed by posting to a ship and QL5s.  Can you tell me what is involved in the Applications and following QL5 training including courses, lenghts, etc?

Thanks in advance.

NavyBlue

I found the course outlines for the NET trades here in the past.  Are the course outlines for Weng tech available and the start dates  for the academic training phase.

Hi, welcome to Milnet.ca.

There's already a thread with information on this very trade.  I'll move this post over for you since it appears you were too busy to search.

Enjoy!

Milnet.ca Staff

Actually I frequently check the location where you moved my post I actually found the search function very useful in answering a lot of questions I had.  I guess its a lot easier to just give a snarky response  rather than maybe sharing some much needed info.  Check out the word forum at www.dictionary.com.

creasy bair said:
Actually I frequently check the location where you moved my post I actually found the search function very useful in answering a lot of questions I had.  I guess its a lot easier to just give a snarky response  rather than maybe sharing some much needed info.

And having a gazillion threads on the same subject makes the search that much harder for the next person.

creasy bair said:
Check out the word forum at www.dictionary.com.

???  Did you want milnews to look up snarky?  I can assure you he knows the meaning.

I actually have this thread as one of my favourites so I can quickly see if there is any new info posted. I have also sent a private message to the original poster asking some of the same questions I had asked.  Seeing that there last online date had changed  I thought to maybe reach out to anyone that might have the info I was looking for since there were no new posts, and none of the questions I had asked were asked prior to me asking. No harm no foul though can't say I'm not guilty of jumping the gun and not gathering all of the relevant info before giving my 2 cents.

PMedMoe said:
???  Did you want milnews to look up snarky?  I can assure you he knows the meaning.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze, I'm a pussy cat.

creasy bair - All we ask is that folks use threads already in play whenever possible - just like you keep the thread bookmarked for changes, others do, too  ;)

Here's hoping you get the answers you seek.

Hey!! I want my own private thread too!! pleeease.......

Great site millnews it been a goldmine of information.  Even gallery has been entertaining

Following the W Eng tech Applications course members are posted to a ship. They must complete an On the Job Training Program (OJPR) that encompassed the equipment learned on course. This includes conducting maintenance on Navigation Radar, Deck Cranes, Navigation Distribution Systems and Communication Ancillaries. You will also learn how to deploy towed sensors and participate in Weapons Loading. The OJPR takes 12 months. After the 12 Month OJPR there is a further OJPR that takes 15 months. The member will work with each of the 5 sub occupations for 3 months and learn how to fix a variety of equipment as well as becoming qualified as a Weapons Safety number. At the end of the 15 month OJPR the member must pass a board. When the member reaches 48 months in the Navy and has passed the W Eng Tech Maintainer Board they will be eligible for the Leading Seaman rank and Spec 1 pay.
  Details of all W Eng Tech training called QSPs are available on the CFNES web site.

Apparently I worded my question much too vaugely.  What I was mostly wondering was what the course list of academic courses was like for 5's.  I'm just curious what I'll be PLARed out of in the future.  Apologies for stirring up such a shitstorm. I did search "weng tech", "weng QL5" and a few others and did not come across this information.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Much thanks to all who give their 2 cents. 

NavyBlue

The program director for E&T div will have the current list and it should be available in electronic format on the DWAN.  Go to the CFNES homepage, go to CSE Div, then Standards (QC). There is a QSP link there where you can search all Naval QSP's, this document has all of the teaching points you are seeking.

You could also wander down to S-37 B21 and as one of the PO1's to find it if you don't have access to a DWAN computer

Back