• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapons You Have Seen In Locations You Did Not Expect To See Them

As seen on "Manswers". A hand grenade hidden "where the sun don't shine" at a California prison. Up inside the body cavity.

- Loaded Long Branch Lee Enfield leaning in the corner of a cabin washroom when I was visiting the place as a kid.  Bear country, and since everybody used the washroom, everybody knew where the rifle was if they needed it.  Makes sense.

Bren magazines complete with blank adapter inserts in the bottom of an old slit trench at Petawawa in the 70's.  A Browning 1919 breechblock and body cover as well as a rusty 50 rd Thompson drum mag in the side of a hill just outside the wire at LETE in Orleans a few years ago. Appeared that somebody bulldozed a dump down the side of the hill rather than clean it up. There were a ton (literally) of vehicle and weapons parts including the coax machinegun mounts for the Ram tank, prototype track links for an armoured snowmobile and a complete periscope for a Valentine. Conditions varied from minor piiting to rusted out shell.

A full-auto Belgian FAL Para in a motorhome north of Thunder Bay while moose hunting there back in the late 80's.  The guy who owned the thing stated that he had brought it back from Africa on his sailboat and seemed genuinely surprised that there was anything wrong with it.  He stated that he had it for bears - unusual, as he was hunting with a .338 Win Mag.

We left the area hastily...

mudgunner49 said:
A full-auto Belgian FAL Para in a motorhome north of Thunder Bay while moose hunting there back in the late 80's.  The guy who owned the thing stated that he had brought it back from Africa on his sailboat and seemed genuinely surprised that there was anything wrong with it.  He stated that he had it for bears - unusual, as he was hunting with a .338 Win Mag.

We left the area hastily...

- That's my hometown for ya...
8)

The young lad dancing beside my wife & I in a Tel Aviv disco wearing jeans, t-shirt , and his M-16 slung on his back. 

An 1908 Russian Moisin-Nagant, with the old royal cypher engraved on it. My father-in-law bought it from a gun collector in the 80's as a "conversation piece". It currently resides in my gun safe.

The .357 magnum in the shoulder holster of the guy whose girlfriend I was chatting up in a bar in Detroit. No sense of humour those Yanks; also declined to shoot when offered the chance. Not a shred of sportsmen left in those chaps I'm afraid. Pity....

daftandbarmy said:
The .357 magnum in the shoulder holster of the guy whose girlfriend I was chatting up in a bar in Detroit. No sense of humour those Yanks; also declined to shoot when offered the chance. Not a shred of sportsmen left in those chaps I'm afraid. Pity....

- A lot of a CCW crse is legal stuff: when NOT to shoot.  Those lawfully packing in the USA are among the most law abiding people on the planet.  The firearm is used to break contact, not initiate it.

A cocked and locked CZ-75 in a shoulder holster under the dinner jacket of a maitre d' at an upscale restaurant in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia, June 2002.

C9 spare barrel while on a night recce patrol in Meaford. I promptly jacked my C9 gunner until he showed me his C9 spare barrel. Someone else woopsed.

daftandbarmy said:

D&B,

Let me know next time you're in Motown. I'll be glad to take\direct you to a number of places where they will be more than happy to accomodate you in your request for 'dance' music ;) ;D

Back in University (my tree hugger days) before I even considered the military, in Residence in Ontario a reservist showed the C-7 he aquired on an ex.  His room mate at school had a similar item as well.  And then there was the guy that played with his hunting bow late at night when everyone was in bed....in the halls.  Ahhhh University.

Ok Ok if were talking abroad then all the weapons I observed in the Dominican during my wedding. I think the best was my reception by the Pool at night with several armed guards with MP5 type weapons "guarding" the pool area from those coming off the beach. Made for some interesting wedding pics.

ajp said:
Back in University (my tree hugger days) before I even considered the military, in Residence in Ontario a reservist showed the C-7 he aquired on an ex.  His room mate at school had a similar item as well.  And then there was the guy that played with his hunting bow late at night when everyone was in bed....in the halls.  Ahhhh University.

I'm going to query you here.....

How did he manage to "acquire" a C7 on an ex? I don't know how they run their weapons stores in Ontario, but it s a pretty standard method.
The individual signs out the weapon and at end  ex the individual returns it. It is then signed off as being returned by the Weapons Storesman.
So tell me how me managed to "acquire" it or did he and his buddy just purchase one each in the semi-auto version?

I also wondered about the C7 in the dorms...very  fishy  sounding. I know I could not take my  C7 home. I did have a few c7s at my  house during an exercise  in the early  90s.  The exercise was off base and it was told to a few friends if they needed water or showers, my  shower and garden hose was there for the asking. Our town did not have water meters, just a flat rate for water each month, so a gun tractor did pull up and the gun crew did have showers and got fresh water . C7s and other weapons were under guard on the front steps during the shower. The 105 got a lot of attention fronm area kids and some older neighbours. But the weapons never came in side.

I realized I forgot to comment in my own topic.

I saw some UAE security types surprisingly armed with Uzi's back in '01 in Dubai.

A Carl G, in the training area, on Ex. My section was providing security to another section that was clearing an obstacle when we got bumped by the Phantasian Hordes (read the Adj with 30 blank rounds and an arty sim.) During the counter attack I looked over to see one of the new privates in my section charging into battle with a Carl G on his shoulder. I was surprised because: 1, I didn't even know the unit had a Carl G; and 2, if we did have one it sure as hell wasn't signed out to him. Regardless of how he got it, his initiative was rewarded with the privilege of carrying it for the rest of the Ex.

Newt said:
Regardless of how he got it, his initiative was rewarded with the privilege of carrying it for the rest of the Ex.

:rofl:

Thankfully, I've never been rewarded with that "privilege", nor the one of carrying a sand bag around because of an insecure weapon.

With the university tale, I am having trouble as well swallowing that one.

Did you actually see the maple leaf stamped on the side and the serial number (example 88AA134...)?

If so, I would be reporting the individual to police, its quite a serious offence to be in possesion of missing military weapon.

Personally, I don't beleive you.

Back