• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wear uniform when clearing out for release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there a CFAO or DAOD that states that when we clear out (for release), we have to be in uniform and not in civvies?  If we have already returned all our kit (i.e. combats), then do we have to go in CFs? 

The dress as per most Unit's Standing Orders is DEU. Since you retain them when you leave the Forces wearing them for out clearance should not be an issue.  :salute:

I did all of my out clearence in civies.

Wore my hair long and grew a goatee during some of it too.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
I did all of my out clearence in civies.

Wore my hair long and grew a goatee during some of it too.

I did my in clearence like that  ;D

But if I already got my CFs packed and ready to go, I just want to know if it's against the rules to go clear out in civvies...? 

i cleared in civilies too. you might find that  you have to wear more then just jeans and t shirt.
what are they going to do when you clearing, cancel your paperwork and send you to club fed, if you have no uniforms as you have turned them what  do you think you should wear while your turning your kit in, come back another day and do it again?

Actually they refused to clear me out if I'm not in uniform.  I told them all my kit (cadpat) has been turned in and I've already packed up my CFs and the moving company will come get the stuff this morning.  You know what the sergeant said when I told him about this...he said dig out your CFs from the boxes and iron them so you can wear them to clear out today.  :mad:

Cleared in civies too, long hair (well what's left of it) and beard too, anyone see a trend here? Mind reservists had to turn in DEUs then too, or at least that's what we were told. For all I know the Binrat was scoring extra DEUs ;D

Sorry I am only speaking from Regular Force experience. If you want to say yourself some hassle prior to the big day, why not ask your CSM or RSM to clarify the procedure.  :salute:

Greywolf said:
Actually they refused to clear me out if I'm not in uniform.  I told them all my kit (cadpat) has been turned in and I've already packed up my CFs and the moving company will come get the stuff this morning.  You know what the sergeant said when I told him about this...he said dig out your CFs from the boxes and iron them so you can wear them to clear out today.   :mad:

Where are you?  It sounds like you are getting boned by some rather ignorant people (being polite here).

I had no such problems clearing out of Petawawa.  And that was not Reserves.

Release from the RegF in 2001 in Gagetown and I cleared in civilian clothing.  Like George said someone is being a ..........

Well,

It may be hard, but I say stick to yer guns, what are they going to do, stamp no desert for your next posting??

It's the new army, you can say the truth about it being packed away and gone, and will not be affected, IMHO.

dileas

tess

Everybody in my unit just borrows a set of combats for the last week or so.

Hmmm....strange.

I had a guy in my troop who just cleared out today from Pet and is now a civvy. Seems he had no problems at all.

Regards

I retired in Jan and turned my uniforms in Dec.  Almost all my clearances were in civvies and there was no problem

What are they going to do say you can't get out

I am in Petawawa

You should have very little clearing left at that point I would think.  I am sure there are lots of places you can clear before base qm.  One would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back