• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weddings- Merged

juliet said:
You guys are awesome, thanks for all the info.  We just might hit the JP sometime before then, but eventually we'd like to throw a partay ;)

Some of my freinds did that. They went to the JP when it was convenient for them and threw a party for everyone else when summer leave season hit and they had a predictable period of time away from work.

When I got married we were living here in Ontario, and "hubby-to-be" was in the field somewhere in Gagetown. I told everyone Sept 1st we were getting married Oct 4th, and whoever could make it was welcome to come. (Invites to the evening reception/dance were flyer-party style haha) Extra bonus: I got to plan the whole thing myself (with the occasional mother and mother-in-law-to-be assistance) ;)  We did have one moment where we thought he wouldn't make it back in time... but he got home 2 days before the wedding. (My dad threatened to go retreive him by helicopter if necessary haha... I had to remind him the AF uniform he had on didn't mean he could fly things - he was the Padre! haha)

Of course, hubby's  WO tried to call him in the afternoon of the day we got married (you are getting married in the morning right??? Can you assist a drivers course in the afternoon???) and he had to leave again 2 days after the wedding... so I spent our "honeymoon" washing the Gagetown mud out of his combats in the tub! Ah those were the days! ha ha

All in all we had a great wedding, lots of my family made it on seat sales from the east coast, we had 2 receptions(lunch and evening dance - food, cakes, DJ's the whole deal), and the whole thing cost me $500 for the dress (Dresses are often 50-60% off in Sept !) and a few bottles of champagne. (We used every favor and freebe available to us!)

wedding2-1.jpg

Almost 11 years later - I am getting my honeymoon this year! New Years in Punta Cana :)
11 years later, 4 years in Reserves myself, and being an AF Brat, and the military still manages to throw me a curve-ball now and then too! Can't imagine how boring it would be without it!

My dad was booked to marry this one couple on the base 4 times over 3 years ... each time had to be cancelled and re-booked because the groom kept being deployed... the CO of (then) 1CDHSR took pitty on them after that and they finally got it ... haha... that is probably the "worst case" I have heard - though I am sure there are others.

Is your fiance by any chance at RMC? I have seen them work to accomidate weddings (when they can) in between phase training and school. 

muffin

OMG look at at the old CF tans!!! Brings back memories!!

Juliet - I don't have much input to your date-dilemma, but I just want to commend you for supporting hubby the way you have been - reading up on this forum taken as a whole will give you a good idea of the trials and tribulations we (spouses included) go through.

It's not easy to be a military spouse - it takes a special kind of person to stand behind a soldier. My first wife never was that kind of person and we had to part ways. My wife now (of 12 years) IS that kind of person and it makes a big difference in how I go to work every day and how much I look forward to going home after the day / week / tour is done!! You have shown (to me anyway) that you and your man have a great future ahead of you. Good luck and remember - you're not alone when your family includes the Canadian Forces!!

Back