• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weekend BMQ 25 NOV

Yeah, in one pocket we need to have our rain suit, foot powder, extra socks and there was something else... whatever it was, i just can't get it in that pouch. I had to sit on it to get my rain suit in, it just can't hold that much!

i nearly broke my finger, but i got both pants and jacket of the rain suit in that one pocket. it will only sap shut, the top just covers the rip of the pocket, but will not velcro shut! nothing else is going in, and it's only coming out if there is a hurrican.

i life will be taken if it comes out during inspection
:threat: :threat: :threat: :threat:  lol

I got the rain suit complete in, and put the bug spray and a mini foot powder into the pocket on the pouch, I put the extra socks in with the 1 field dressing I have. Seemed to work pretty well, had trouble getting the canteen cup into the pouch for it though. Put the ballistic eyewear in the pocket on the canteen pouch and the hard case for the eyewear in the front right pouch.

Im from BMQ1 at Fort York, But we're almost done... anyways the raincoat and stuff is easy to get in first put both pairs (top and bottoms) together on top of oneanother and fold them in width so they are narrower, then just roll them up together. I find it easier this way, but if u need to just take one out u gotta unwrap both.

Have fun up in meaford on ur nav ex and gas hut. The hut was fun, cuz they only had mask's for half the people so after the first bunch got snot and barf in theres we had to use em.

No doubt, me too...hopefully they WON'T get the hi-6 and anti-con...wouldn't you feel just wonderful sticking two needles into your thighs after the gas hut....Manimal, don't even answer lol.

I hear that rainsuits will be very handy this weekend ^-^

I use weather.ca, it has a forecast that hasn't been wrong for me yet. It's going to rain and be warm, then by sunday it'll be 0 low and 1 high.

it's GOING TO BE MUDDY!
i'd bet on rain, but the mud in this area is really nice all week.
it's been really warm out up here. working outside the last two days with no coat on.
but remember, when we were at York, and going outside without coats on, or enjoying all that sunny weather, it's was storming up here, or at least be cold enough to suck, it's nothing like TO up here!

polo said:
No doubt, me too...hopefully they WON'T get the hi-6 and anti-con...wouldn't you feel just wonderful sticking two needles into your thighs after the gas hut....Manimal, don't even answer lol.

Phew... Only a simulation  ;D

I was so disappointed...after working up to actually doing it and then thinking maybe I broke it from hitting too hard (or too many times when it didn't work)  :eek: Lol. Time to heal the blisters before next weekend!  :threat:
This is gonna be fun  :sniper:  :blotto:

When I was talking to the Seargent Major he said it was a trick, and i dont know if you guys noticed, or bothered to actually read the HI-6 needles, but they say for training purposes only, not a real needle kinda thing.  When we got them and I read it, i knew they were yanking our chains.

It just takes a bit of common sense. Why would they give you an auto-injector after being in a room full of CS gas? Protesters get hit with it all the time...you don't see cops tear-gassing rioters and then handing out needles...

Good on your DS for giving the dummies to you, though. At least it adds a bit of realism to it, we never did that on my course.

we were told there was no medication in them, in a round about way, but they kept saying it was a real needle in it.
it's strange to train people with real needles (even diabetic training starts off with an orange) but it's the army. i figured normal needle with no medication LOL.  i was disapointed, gas hut, sticking self deep with a needle on purpose, the day would have been complete.

Anyone bringing their PT kit for the range and last field weekend?

polo said:
Anyone bringing their PT kit for the range and last field weekend?

I don't think I'm gonna be bringing it this time either. BMQ 1 never did PT while they were on the field...

AAANNNDDD We're Done. Gratz Polo on your reward and to the rest of us "lucky bastards" who completed the course; Definitly a brand new experience for me. I loved it. Good luck in the future guys and gals.

Thanks, hey make sure you get an email from me about the course party, if not PM me and I'll send it to you again. If you have anyone else's email of people on course ask if they got the msg about the party because I'm missing a couple of them.

Back