• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weekend BMQ's and SQ's

skura

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been emailing a member of the QOR personnel for the last few days, asking questions about the training and how it works and I've got it down pat now and know exactly what I'll have to do in order to hopefully become a paratrooper in the Canadian Forces...but there was one thing he wasn't sure of, so before I make a phone call to the recruiting officer over at the QOR or take a trip down there in a few months I'm wondering if any here knows what the current situation is with the BMQ's and SQ's being run on weekends on the reserve?

The member who emailed me back advised me to join for October because the weekend BMQ and SQ will be completed for March - April and I'd be ready for BIQ for the summer and then hopefully jump school the next year...but he also told me that this October might be the last time they run the weekend BMQ's and SQ's and I'll have to wait until late June to start and take the BMQ and SQ over the summer instead of my BIQ and take my BIQ the next summer...but he said he wasn't sure...

So, again, before I call or go down to the QOR and talk to the recruiter, does anyone know FOR SURE if weekend BMQ's and SQ's will still be run after this October?

Thanks again, and (as I've said in the past) this should be my last question on recruiting...but no guarantees ;)

My mistake, my mistake...I misread the email...

It says;

The rumour I have heard is that this year the full time course in the summer will be dropped and
only the weekend courses will be run

Sorry for the post...but if I find out the truth to this rumor I'll post it for anyone who may end up having a question on it...

Back