• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weekly Army.ca Bumper Sticker Prize

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
It's actually been running for a few weeks already, but I thought I would post and draw attention to it. Every week, the top MilPoints spender will have an Army.ca bumper sticker mailed out to them. Your progress towards being the 'leader' is marked on every page of the game... for example, mine says 14,036 to go!, which means I am currently 14k behind the leader. Clicking on that text will bring you to a page which explains thing in a bit more detail, including the current leader and their weekly spending total:

http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/index.php?function=mp_leader

Yes, this is a shameless ploy to get people to spend MilPoints (purchased or not doesn't matter) but it's also a way to give a small nod to those who are actively playing the game.

Enjoy!
Mike

Mike,

You inadvertently posted a link to the Dev version of Afghan Ops in your post.

Cheers

lol, ooops! I've fixed that... thanks. :)

Thanks Mike,

I think this is a great idea.

I checked out the tool and did the math. 500 MilPoints per $1 ($100 for 50,000 points)
$30 worth of MilPoints to catch PuckChaser's lead this week so far.

I think I will wait for the Navy.ca sticker ;D

Mike Bobbitt said:
It's actually been running for a few weeks already, but I thought I would post and draw attention to it.

So who has won for the other weeks?  :D

MJP (x2) and JohnTbay

And I just realized that until today, the weekly totals and link were not even visible. Explains why I had no feedback on this previous to today. :)

lol, and I see MJP is currently in line for a third! :)

Back off MJP!  You've got enough bumper stickers (or "strickers" as the post title says!) already.  This week's is mine!!  Or hey, if you win again, you can always give me one as my Welcome to Winnipeg gift  ;D

airmich said:
Back off MJP!  You've got enough bumper stickers (or "strickers" as the post title says!) already.  This week's is mine!!  Or hey, if you win again, you can always give me one as my Welcome to Winnipeg gift  ;D

I am not trying to win honest but each mission I run is 1000 milpoints.  You will have to fight my son for them :)

I'm in a contest with myself  ;D

airmich is the current MilPoints leader with 102 spent so far this week!
You have spent 102 - YOU ARE THE MILPOINTS LEADER!!
airmich is on your tail with 0 spent!
This week's contest ends at midnight AT on Sunday, 26-06.
Time left this week: 6 days 23:58:25

I am assuming that it is something about having an "a" name.  It often shows up in the AO daily stats too (with '0' but still....lol)

Actually I think that's because at 1 minute and 35 seconds in, you were probably the only person who had spent any MilPoints. :) I expect it's showing correctly now.

BTW, my apologies to the recent winners who have to wait out the postal strike.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Actually I think that's because at 1 minute and 35 seconds in, you were probably the only person who had spent any MilPoints. :) I expect it's showing correctly now.

BTW, my apologies to the recent winners who have to wait out the postal strike.
I may not have won - or even been remotely close. But I hold you personally responsible for the delay of these post deliveries.
Apologies in words are cheap. I'll accept an apology in the form of a bumber sticker on their behalf.. ;D

...no?  ::)

Let me add a new dimension to the sticker contests... I'll give 2,500 MilPoints to anyone who posts a photo of their bumper sticker in use. Doesn't have to be on a car. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Let me add a new dimension to the sticker contests... I'll give 2,500 MilPoints to anyone who posts a photo of their bumper sticker in use. Doesn't have to be on a car. :)

Sweet!!  Is that per bumper sticker that we win? (yes, I'm being greedy, but my MP fund is getting low with some of these missions!)

Sure! There are a few out there who could really benefit from that... I'm looking at you MJP!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Sure! There are a few out there who could really benefit from that... I'm looking at you MJP!

His count is dropping like a stone.......hmmmm...... ;D

Back