• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What’s your justice system model?

Inspir

Inactive
Reaction score
What’s your justice system model? Justice, Deterrence, Selective Incapacitation, or Rehabilitation.

Justice Model:
A model of the criminal justice system that emphasizes legal rights, justice, and fairness. A main feature of this model is that any punishment should be proportional to the seriousness of the crime.

Deterrence Model:
It envisions a criminal justice system with no discretion, more police, and longer prison terms. It is related to the crime control model and classical school of criminology.

Selective Incapacitation Model:
It emphasizes long prison sentences for the small number of individuals who chronically commit violent crimes. It rejects any type of favorable discretionary actions for those offenders.

Rehabilitation Model:
It differs from the other models in its support of discretion in the system and the treatment of the offender.

---------------------

Deterrence model by the way  ;)

Attila model.

You aren't trying to get members to do your homework, now, are you?

Come on now. Having someone do my homework for me would be unethical and violate class policy.  :tsktsk:
I'm a CJ student you know... we uphold college rules to set an example for others.  :D

Seriously though, homework has already come and gone. This is for personal interest only

You forgot this sites favorite.

Throat Punch Model

I suspect most people will align themselves with that.

Ahh... Throat Punch Model.

Fits well with the rehab model depending on your view.

Punch him in the throat, and he will never to it again. Rehabilitation successful  >:D

Personally the transportation model is my favorite.
Break the law and your digging diamonds in the arctic for five years. ;D

But thats just me.

However there is always that cult favorite:

"Kneel down, face the dirt"  ;)

Personally, my favourite Justice models have to be:

1. Keelhauling - no need to have a complaint ombudsman then;

2. Plank walking - no need to waste a perfectly good rope;

3. Kissing the Gunner's daughter - works for those who don't play well with others;

(are you sensing a theme here yet?)

4. Banishment - they get a big stick, a hunk of bread and a piece of string;

5. Ice floes - especially one with a polar bear on the other side of it.

But then I'm a jaded lawyer so what do I know...LOL

Back