• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do I wear when I arrive?

phishygutz said:
Thank you mariomike! I certainly have a bit of reading to do haha  :nod:

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

As always,  Recruiting, and your unit, are your most trusted source of information.

I was in the same situation when I started my PRes BMQ. It tooks 3 weeks to get my uniform. During that time (Winter), I was wearing a polo, beige pants and clean boots. Don't worry, just be presentable.

Various discussions regarding how to dress ( if you have not yet been issued a uniform ) for PRes BMQ / first parade night. May rate a super-thread.

The OP appears to be attending PRes BMQ.

I also saw this on the CFLRS website, for what it is worth,

"When you arrive at CFLRS, you must wear appropriate attire to be able to walk long distances when conducting your arrival procedures. Collared shirts and comfortable pants (or equivalent for females) are recommended. Do not report in beach-style sandals."

George Wallace said:
My last Unit had our new members come in dressed as for "business" in a suit, with family members/guests to witness them at an Enrolment Ceremony where they were presented their Certificate of Enrolment and signed the final documents necessary to enroll them and start their records and pay.  They and their family members then had a tour of the unit and let go early after being instructed what to wear for their next Parade Night. 

Every unit is different, and SHOULD tell you what to wear for your first night.

How nice.  I saw pictures of a recent enrollment, where all the new enrollees were in suits and ties, but the CO and RSM were in CADPAT!  Really?  How disrespectful!  How unprofessional!

Back