• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does your name mean?

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Just a thread to say what your name on here means ;)

Mine, Baker, is my last name, which it seems most people on here call me, but not in the 'real' world :D

Baker

Mine stems from a character in a novel I read....

(Many moons ago)....

"Give me a word, any word, and I will show you how the root word came from the Greek language..." (Gus, Big Fat Greek Wedding)

09n.gif

I ride (well you guess) and I used to sail in the navy.  Now I just instruct, but I don't want to be Harley Instructor. People may want me to instruct them in motorcycles.

Hawk, a play on my real life last name. An old supervisor nicknamed me Hawk, and it stuck - as in "Don't start with me, Hawk".

:cdn:
Hawk

I'm in the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada (RHFC) and I play the bag pipes... seemed like a good idea at the time.

Celtic - because I am from Cape Breton, which has Celtic roots

Girl - because I am female

I actually just used the same name I've used on another website for years. I hate trying to think up new names. ;)

Spanky:  Nickname since my recruit days in the mid-70s.  (as in the Little Rascals....... not some deviant behav..... hmmmm)

Parody of Captain James Tiberius Kirk from the movie Galaxy Quest, Tim Allen plays an egotistical actor who is borderline megalomaniac, etc.. I'm actually bored with it now, perhaps a change is in order.

Originally wanted to go to RMC, now stems from the usual line I got at the bar while posted in Kingston: "oh so you're some kind of RMC wannabe eh?"  ::)

I think my name is pretty self-explanitary.  ENGINEERS WIFE.  I lived in Chilliwack in the late 80's, early 90's what do ya expect?  Met gazillions of Engineers, but, I found the best one ;D  I know, I know, sounds cheesy ;D

x-mo-1979 is a pointless combo of letters and numbers.And has nothing to do with my life.

I'm a former member of the Lake Superior Scottish...and no one had taken the moniker.  :)

Back