• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What happend to the old OD's?

Meridian

Inactive
Reaction score
A gift to the Cadets?

Or do we have millions of people milling about wearing old canadian dress bought at army surplus stores?

Im told that CADPAT is now in official issue at CFLRS... (true?) do reserve pte-u's still get issued OD's or is everyone cadpateriiffic now?

Yes, CADPAT is official issue at CFLRS, as of July. As for OD, I still have mine as I haven't yet been issued CADPAT (though apparently I get it tomorrow). All I know is I have OD for at least 3 and a half more years, in addition to my CADPAT. But yeah, good question, what is happening with it? Enemy force uniform on exercises or what?

I've still got my old uniform, they didn't ask for it back... and I plan on keeping the pants permenently if I can.

All the new recruits at my unit are receiving CADPAT at initial kit issue, so I would assume it is forces wide by now.

Well hell, even CIC OCdts are getting it as initial issue, so I should hope everyone else is (No offence, CIC guys...)

As far as I know OD's are supposed to be turned in to receive CADPAT.  This was the case for me, but being as I am CIC the rules on clothing issue are not the same as for the Regs or Reserve units.
Us in the cadet system would love to get turned in kit for the kids, I just transferred from a corp with 4 wards of the courts and they don't have $120:00 to buy it themselves.
I just came from ASU Toronto today and was told that all OD's are going to Larry at Beaver's Surplus as he has the contract.

To the best of my knowledge, my ODs are never going back, as I don't have to turn them in to get the new stuff, as is likely the case with most reg force guys now. Apparently, I have to turn them in at the end of 4th year, but the people at QM seem to think I'm never giving them back.

LOL, half my reserve unit is still in OD.  I guess because we are on the left coast?

Well, half of my unit did a one for one exchange on it. They were the first ones to get it issued. All the issues after that, we were just handed 3 pairs. No mention of teh OD ones. So i have them in a hockey bag in my parents basement.

Freight_Train said:
LOL, half my reserve unit is still in OD. I guess because we are on the left coast?

haha may be, I still have my OD too, but I will be issued CADPAT next Thurs. I am not sure if they want the OD or what....

Freight_Train said:
I guess because we are on the left coast?

Trust me, the coast doesn't matter!  Yes, all the new recruits are coming in with CADPAT, but many of us "dust bunnies" are still in OD.  In fact, a message came out here 1 1/2 months ago finally permitting Army personnel to pick up their Goretex jackets.  Not to be misunderstood...this isn't the new CADPAT jacket, but the older OD IECS jacket.  If you're Airforce...you can pretty well forget about anything new and green (unless deployed).  Kind of disheartening for those of us with TI :-\  Nothing like setting the example while wearing the old "jean-jacket style" corduroy collared, combat jacket.

Chimo!

We use them for our trauma training.

Our storman picks them up when they are returned or exchanged, we dress up the casualties in them and then once we are done pouring artificial blood on them and cutting them up we send them back to stores for disposal.

Lets see the surplus people sell them to some long haired hippie like that LOLOL. ;D

I joined the reserve in January and I got an initial issue of CADPAT and the goretex kit, so did everyone esle. I saw some new troops on a BMQ the other day and they're even starting to have tacvests in their initial issue.

Silly questio: Do we get our kit at our CFRC office or a BOTC?

Cheers,

Not really a silly question, but just to clarify a few things for you:

BOTC does not exist anymore. Last I heard it was called IAP/BOTP (Initial Assesment Phase, Basic Office Training Program)  Could be changed again...

Your CFRC does not give kit. If you are going RegFor, and are posted to CFLRS for training, you will be kitted out there... usually near the end of y our first week, both for recruits and OCdts.

For Reserves, it is handled through your reserve unit, AFAIK, depending on where your unit is, in relation to local supply, etc.

Back