• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What happens if you're pregnant?

hfrench

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for my credit check, criminal record check & my references to be contacted. I feel confident it will go smoothly. Assuming I get and accept the job offer, what will happen if I'm pregnant? (Currently waiting for blood work to confirm this).
I don't want to accept the job, if offered, only to have it revoked because I'm pregnant (& then be out of a job altogether). Would that happen?
I found this information online: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5003-5.page
It just seems to confuse me more. On one hand, it says that if you're pregnant before the completion of basic training you have certain options, but in another section it says that certain activities are limited, in which case I don't understand how someone could complete basic training if their activities are limited.
What options will I have once I hear back for the potential job offer if I'm pregnant?

Good day hfrench,

Thank you for your continued interest in the Forces.

Should you find out that you are pregnant during the recruiting process, you will have to bring this up during your recruiting medical. You will be assigned a temporary medical category, until you are reevaluated after the birth.

Meanwhile. you will continue to be processed, up until you are merit listed. Post delivery, you will have to contact your detachment in order to conduct a medical reevaluation.

Back