• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what happens if

P

photoguy

Hi all.

I was hoping for advice. I had my fit test today, and well I failed the cardio... and of course feel s**t because everyone says it‘s was easy. I passed everything else, but my heart rate was just too high too fast. What should do to change that, I can run the treadmill and feel fine. But they must be something with what I‘m going.

Also what happens to your file if a fail on it. Do they hold that against you. Am I srcewed?

I used to fail the blood pressure part of the express test all the time when I first joined in 86. Big thing for me was to not smoke and no salt and caffine. Ya just have to cut out things that raise your blood pressure. I‘m sure that if ya do that then you will pass no problem.

I also helps to increase your calcium intake when trying to decrease blood pressure.

" also helps to increase your calcium intake when trying to decrease blood pressure"

Hey how does that work? I‘ve heard of calcium used that way before, very interesting. You learn all kinds of cool here. What brands work best for this?

To answer the question, I don‘t think it‘s held against you. Just train a little harder to get up to snuff, and try again -- more than a few guys were redoing the PT test when I was there.

If your body reacts to salt and increases your blood pressure calcium intake helps your body remove that salt therefor lowering your systolic number by a few points. Dietitians recommed the equivalent of 4 - 6 glasses of milk a day.

Note: this info was given to me by a dietitian and i would suggest talking to one if you have any more questions

There are so many ideas and meal plans out that if you try to follow them you will go crazy. Unless you have a medical problem, just eat right and excerise. Don‘t sweat the small stuff.

#1 - Blood pressure:

Im Reg For, and blew the blood pressure indicators both when I did my med, and when I did my fit test. But normally they will send a "request for consultation" to your family doctor for him to respond. If he responds positively, and there are no other major indicators, (ie if you are just overweight a bit, u should be ok, or if it was slightly high, you could have been stressed) they‘ll clear you.

As for your cardio... make sure to sleep well, not to run a day or so before your test. Also, you should be allowed to retake it at least once after a month. 10$ fee.

I made the cardio (level 2). Look up V02max on the net, plenty of suggestions out there. just run, run, run. dont over exert, dont just walk... nice calm pace, you should be able to talk while running comfortably.

RMC has a much harder pt test as well, have that tomorrow. Should be fun :)
At any rate good luck.

No caffeine, no alcohol, no smoking, cut fatty foods, salt, and increase your calcium intake (take supplements if necessary), drink more water (LOTS), and that‘ll knock quite a few points of your blood pressure right away.

Along with Cardio exercise regularly.

I tend to disagree with taking calcium supplements.
Just as too little of something is not good for you, so is too much of something. This applies to vitamins and minerals.

Ex. Daily rec. intake of vit C is about 80mg. One of those little supplements in the big bottle is 500mg!

when it comes to vitamins and supplemets and stuff, your body only absorbs what it needs. So if you pump back a bunch of calcium pills, then your body will take what it needs and then throiw the rest through your kidneys and into the toilet.
I used to be an assistant coach withe a volleyballteam, and all the trainers used to say that if you can control your breathing when u are working your body hard, then your heart will also respond better. Your heart is only beating a mile a minute because your body needs oxygen

Back