• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is driving North Korea's economy?

Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
If North Korea is as isolated as the West say it is, why is it still operating? I know the Chinese and South Koreans are supporting it for their own interest. But are those two countries really what's holding North Korea up?

Off topic: April of this year, the Ryugyong Hotel is back under construction since it stopped back in 1992. Seens a waste of resources when tourists entries are restricted.

250px-Dprk_pyongyang_hotel_rugen_05_s.jpg

I believe the driving force behind the DPRK economy are the magical powers of the great leader kim (if Barbara Walters is to be believed)  :p

Now that you mention it tho, it is puzzling where NK gets a lot of its support from, looks like my history class tomorrow is not on the economic impact of the start of World War 2.

#1 Export " Furious Political thought"  ( Thank you Simpsons)....  on a serious note, I think they do export a lot of ginseng and ballistic missiles.  South Korea also established several manufacturing centers in so-called "special economic zones"

CEEBEE501 said:
I believe the driving force behind the DPRK economy are the magical powers of the great leader kim (if Barbara Walters is to be believed)  :p

Now that you mention it tho, it is puzzling where NK gets a lot of its support from, looks like my history class tomorrow is not on the economic impact of the start of World War 2.

It's not really puzzling at all.  It's China and Russia that play the largest roles in propping them up.

Back