• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is everyone doing in their spare time while waiting for the call?

in 2009/2010 I was around 300 pounds, by fall of 2010, I was 175 pounds. I played Dance Dance Revolution on the ps2 and watched what I ate. That game does wonders for losing weight  ;D

Going about my day normally and acting as if my phone doesn't exist :). I haven't been obsessing over looking much into the training, as reading about it and doing it are 2 very different things. But mostly I'm working full time, going to the gym and eating better to keep in shape, lots of video games, and a trip to George Street once a month or two  :facepalm:

Well since I applied a year ago I started working on my PT lost weight, gained muscle etc. I just finally finished my gr12 education in hopes it would look good on my application, doing extensive research on trades I want to do. And prepping for my CFAT that's in 2 days :S, and hoping that I can maybe make it to basic for April.

J_M_J_D said:
Well since I applied a year ago I started working on my PT lost weight, gained muscle etc. I just finally finished my gr12 education in hopes it would look good on my application, doing extensive research on trades I want to do. And prepping for my CFAT that's in 2 days :S, and hoping that I can maybe make it to basic for April.

Good luck on your CFAT J_M_J_D!

*Edited for spelling*

Brandonfw said:
in 2009/2010 I was around 300 pounds, by fall of 2010, I was 175 pounds. I played Dance Dance Revolution on the ps2 and watched what I ate. That game does wonders for losing weight  ;D

Nice job!  ;D

Oh how fun this waiting game is...I've been working part time, hitting up the gym, and going on as many weekend outings as I can to take my mind off waiting. Hope to be in basic this spring sometime!

EJAY said:
Oh how fun this waiting game is...I've been working part time, hitting up the gym, and going on as many weekend outings as I can to take my mind off waiting. Hope to be in basic this spring sometime!

It's been a year and 43 days since I submitted my online app, and it's been a roller coaster ride so far. Recently, though, the waiting game has been easier; I find that keeping in touch with the CFRC regarding (possible) dates and projected intake numbers eases off the anxiety a little bit. It's nice to get a good dose of reality and know just how long you'd probably have to wait. Just waiting for that new fiscal year! Come on, April...

Hoping to get into basic period! :)

Sounds like quite the journey... After thinking about it for quite some time, I applied a few days after my birthday. I've been doing exactly the same thing I've been doing for the past 3 years. Working full time, boxing and Muay Thai with some Taekwondo and weightlifting at the gym. Only slowed down when I was ill. It's been great, I was merit listed before the holiday break.

Working a part time job, training/volunteering with my local fire department, spending 50+ hours a week running my business with my wife, and squeezing in some reading every once in a while :)

Buying as much cool tactical gear as I can to bring to BMQ!1!!

Badner said:
Buying as much cool tactical gear as I can to bring to BMQ!1!!

::)

Don't waste your money; and remember: You have to carry all of what you bring.

George Wallace said:
::)

Don't waste your money; and remember: You have to carry all of what you bring.

Joking, but thanks for the tip

Im working full time for RBC.. and waiting on the call to do my Medical and Interview.  Trying to get in as much PT as I can, and trying to avoid partying too much.    :nod:

I may or may not be hijacking this thread...

So I was enrolled last week in the Primary Reserves as an Officer Cadet. At the time, I asked what was going to be the next step. No one seemed to know and I was advised that I'd be contacted to pick up my kit, training before BMOQ, etc.

Anyway, it's been over a week now and I haven't heard back from them. Should I be contacted them for an update? If so, who should I be calling? Should I just hurry up and wait for "the call"? Did they lose my telephone number?

While I had no problem bugging recruiters every day, I don't want to piss off someone who I might be working directly under in the near future. Some direction would be nice, before my over-excitement gets me into trouble...

Thanks in advance.

NonSequitur said:
I may or may not be hijacking this thread...

So I was enrolled last week in the Primary Reserves as an Officer Cadet.

Yes you are hijacking this thread.

YOU ARE NOW ENROLLED in a Primary Reserve unit as an Officer Cadet.  You are no longer in the "RECRUITING PROCESS".  You are over and done with that.

NonSequitur said:
At the time, I asked what was going to be the next step. No one seemed to know and I was advised that I'd be contacted to pick up my kit, training before BMOQ, etc.

Perhaps they did not at that time.  As you are now ENROLLED, and officially theirs, they (the unit) will now have to book appointments for you to draw kit, and submit your name to attend courses.  That may take some time.

NonSequitur said:
Anyway, it's been over a week now and I haven't heard back from them. Should I be contacted them for an update? If so, who should I be calling? Should I just hurry up and wait for "the call"? Did they lose my telephone number?

Over a week?  Why did you not 'parade' with that unit the same day/night a week after you were enrolled?  Reserve units 'parade' weekly.

NonSequitur said:
While I had no problem bugging recruiters every day, I don't want to piss off someone who I might be working directly under in the near future. Some direction would be nice, before my over-excitement gets me into trouble...

YOU ARE NOW ENROLLED.  The Recruiters have nothing more to do with you.  You belong to a Reserve unit.  It is the Reserve unit that you belong to that will be responsible for all your administration now.  Find out who is your Chain of Command and ask them all these relevant questions.

You are in the Army now. 

Just working as a medic in the mean time :S, aside from that... gym and league of legends

Working, taking pilot lessons, volunteering for search and rescue, working out, taking care of my son and wife. But the biggest of all as we all know is worrying about even getting in, and not waiting forever.

Waking up at 5am every morning and going for an hour bike ride and then 20 min run to get my day started. Eating right and preparing myself in every way poaaible for basic. You can never be too prepared :p

Amanda winter said:
Waking up at 5am every morning and going for an hour bike ride and then 20 min run to get my day started. Eating right and preparing myself in every way poaaible for basic. You can never be too prepared :p
Do the dundurn stairs :p lol

Back