• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is everyone doing in their spare time while waiting for the call?

Treemoss said:
Going about my day normally and acting as if my phone doesn't exist :). I haven't been obsessing over looking much into the training, as reading about it and doing it are 2 very different things. But mostly I'm working full time, going to the gym and eating better to keep in shape, lots of video games, and a trip to George Street once a month or two  :facepalm:

Nice. I didn't know you were from St. John's as well! Bayman or townie  :D

Working out, the 2nd Lt told me to run 40km a day (im going to die), so I am gonna try that this weekend. I can speak German, Deutschland ist uber alles in der welt, joking of course. Of course, fitting time for a couple games of company of heroes, reading etc.

Metsuke said:
Working out, the 2nd Lt told me to run 40km a day (im going to die), so I am gonna try that this weekend.

I hope that's a typo.  If not, running 40km per day is hardly necessary....  ::)

petercushing said:
Nice. I didn't know you were from St. John's as well! Bayman or townie  :D

Nither lol, I'm a mainlander. But St. John's fills the the gap nicely!

Still working on a farm 40h a week. Training 3 times per week , swimming each sunday . And try to fit some running between everything , I try to run at least twice a week minimum of 8km each .

I try to always do something !

Treemoss said:
Nither lol, I'm a mainlander. But St. John's fills the the gap nicely!

Cool. I know a lot of guys from Nova Scotia. One of them is training to be RCMP.

"What is everyone doing in their spare time while waiting for the call?"

Walking 6k a day
Cardio and weights 14+ hours a week (for 1 more week.. !)
Writing, editing, rewriting, and re-editing my autobiography
Moving, packing, cleaning...

Metsuke said:
Working out, the 2nd Lt told me to run 40km a day (im going to die), so I am gonna try that this weekend. I can speak German, Deutschland ist uber alles in der welt, joking of course. Of course, fitting time for a couple games of company of heroes, reading etc.

See you in the 2016 summer Olympics. Hopefully you bring home Marathon gold medal from Rio de Janeiro.  :p

Maybe the olympics is a good training opportunity haha :p that was a typo, meant 40km a week, but im sure a day would be a effective way to train XD its a marathon!

Start my new job tomorrow, going to start training with my buddy for a triathlon and just relax over the summer.

petercushing said:
Cool. I know a lot of guys from Nova Scotia. One of them is training to be RCMP.

Nope, I'm from Ontario haha. But yea I know a lot of Nova Scotians who work in the area here as well.. but a lot are leaving.

Currently working on my PT with a great program based off of Russian Kettle Bells and lots of running. Otherwise I'm doing day hikes nearly every weekend and brushing up on my French, as it's slipped away from me since finishing school.

Damn everyone here just trains hardcore in their spare time lol.

I just work a lot, go to the gym 4-5 times a week, and have a brew·ski every now and then. Outside of that, sit around and watch netflix or game a bit.

Taken up collecting and refurbishing classic guns. Started with something cheap like a rough condition mosin nagant and turn it into a peice of art. Now seeing what I can turn mausers into.

Occupies the time quite nicely. Also I can't let anything go out my doors without being test fired  8)

Well I joined a gym to help get back into shape. Sadly I let myself go over the last year. I Was doing so well but life like to throw you for loops. So I'm hoping to get my cardio back to where I use to be a year ago. Same for my upper body strength. I've also been looking for some part-time work for the time being. I'm getting tired of lying in interviews about my future plans. I almost got a job but I let it slip that I was applying for the CF. Even though I told them I may not get in at all or I may not get accepted until a yr from now. Oh well, I'm trying to not feel to guilty about that. I got the dreaded question at my last interview "Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?" It was hard to bite my tongue and answer with "Oh hopefully still working here if I get the job!"

Well, I also do game a little bit, always good to switch off from the real world for a bit.. Sarah, I also had let that slip in a job interview.. They really don't wanna hire you if you want to join the Forces eh?

I actually got fired for saying I was in the application process, oh well not a big deal. Lately I started playing Elder Scrolls Online, and stepped my workout up a bit, I felt it was starting to get a little to easy... And just hoping I get contacted for my Medical and interview soon.

Yeah, I don't understand why employers fire you, like get as much work as they can outta you before you leave eh? If I was an employer, I would see that this person will most likely step up their game, and I would keep them on until they leave. Elder scrolls online is good, but its a terrible distraction XD I missed a workout day because of it

Metsuke said:
Yeah, I don't understand why employers fire you, like get as much work as they can outta you before you leave eh? If I was an employer, I would see that this person will most likely step up their game, and I would keep them on until they leave. Elder scrolls online is good, but its a terrible distraction XD I missed a workout day because of it

Haha I have to drag myself off it, hopefully I get scheduled for my Medical and interview soon.... I am dying here.

Back