• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the full infantry kit on regular combat operations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was last in the field 4 weeks ago (I was a PL WO at the time, now a CQMS). Here is what I carried (Need NATO stock numbers too?)
Helmet with Cover and band
C7A2 Rifle with sling and C79 Optical sight
TAC VEST (over top Frag vest) containing
-5 x magazines
-Field Dressing
-CAD PAT Gloves
-ballistic eye wear case
-BEW (when not my face)
-521 Radio
-Note book with pen
-Map
-Binoculars
--2 qt water canteen

Small Pack
- two to eight arty sims (depending on my mood)
- 2 x 220 Belts 7.62mm Blank
- 6 x smoke grenades
- MNVG (night use)
-Thermal shirt (nights were kind of chilly)
-rain jacket
-Shelter half

There I answered your questions, keep in mind this was on ex. On Ops (mission needs dictate) it differs. Now enough of answering generalized questions like yours.

You want to know what you will carry as a grunt? WHATEVER YOUR TOLD TO by Warrant Officers like me.

Note when I run a BMQ (L) or DP1 Infantry, I love sorting out attitude cases, its almost like a sport to us old infantry dogs. Except its very one sided.

Note when I run a BMQ (L) or DP1 Infantry, I love sorting out attitude cases, its almost like a sport to us old infantry dogs. Except its very one sided.

I'm shocked, shocked I say......you mean Sgt's and above don't take you by the hand, lead you over to a nice comfy chair and spell things out....in detail, until it is understood?

what's this world coming to?...............

;D

GAP said:
I'm shocked, shocked I say......you mean Sgt's and above don't take you by the hand, lead you over to a nice comfy chair and spell things out....in detail, until it is understood?
I wonder if that still happens, while the rest of the platoon is doing push-ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back