• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the story behind your avatar?

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Hey Mich did you see that Denny Doherty...ex Mama and Papa and former Harbour Master on Theodore Tugboat passed away?? His funeral was yesterday here in Halifax...RIP :salute:

I hadn't heard that IHS.  Thank you for passing it on.

Michael Baker said:
And what would it be if you were army?

NOT going to happen....EVER!  LOL

Michael Baker said:
And what would it be if you were army?  :D Michael laughs at the possible images that came to mind

Shall we take the shovel from you now or later??? ;D

My name is just the Provence I am from, and my trade

As for my avatar it is prone to change when I get around to it: now it is just the engineer tack sign, it was a mine poster, DM21, and the Engineer cap badge. It has now changed to an improvised beehive  ;D (I know there is a couple of other members that were on the range when I made it).

here is the actual pic
IMG_0004.jpg

I is what I is and see no reason to change mine..............

Mine rotates from my rank, to my units crest, to my capbadge

Mine is my current Regiment's crest. The quote is from  Lt Alcock, as was printed in a newpaper, after he was wounded in the sandbox last year.

My avatar is the sten gun because I just like it for some reason.

And mine has changed back to the ultimate Librarian look today.

Mine is the DNDLearn Splashpage Logo - because it is a main component of my job here at RMC for OPME

muffin said:
Mine is the DNDLearn Splashpage Logo - because it is a main component of my job here at RMC for OPME
So YOU'RE behind DNDLearn, eh? ;)

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
So YOU'RE behind DNDLearn, eh? ;)

I am not behind it  HAHA - That guy is upstairs ;) - I just try to make OPME "run within it" lol

My name is pretty self explanatory I think.  Most PRes Armoured Recce units seem to be unofficially referred to as Mud Recce it seems.  I also like the initials so I can change to Mukluk Repair Man when the mood strikes.

Ref the avatar?  Current one sort of points to...what we see and are told in the military sometimes doesn't make sense, so make sense out of it and carry on...or something like that.  Something I hope the trainees here pick up along the way.  I like the Short Bus one too, just to point out I am a little fish in a big pond, just ridin' the bus of CDF as applied by "Higher Command" sometimes.

Quote is one I liked by Franklin D. Roosevelt...

Back