• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What makes a hot resale in Petawawa?

Just sold my house in Pet after 26 showings. Literally there are over hundred homes for sale in the area. Some sell quickly and some take more time. What seems to sell quickly are those over 3 and those under 2. The ones in between take longer. What helps is take out some storage and declutter everything. Remove everything above the cupboards, clear off the counters, take down pictures, fix and repair holes and paint, and clean clean clean.

We bought a house, in Limestone subdivision. Builder is Lantern. Very happy with the home save for it being right on Limestone... I saw a few guys flying up the street in their big trucks so I imagine this will be an issue since we have a 4 yr old that has to walk to Laurention to catch the bus :(. But we are walking distance to a lot of stores, and bicycling distance to the library, new school etc and only 5.5 km to dh's work so he plans to start biking to work. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

Anny said:
We bought a house, in Limestone subdivision. Builder is Lantern. Very happy with the home save for it being right on Limestone... I saw a few guys flying up the street in their big trucks so I imagine this will be an issue since we have a 4 yr old that has to walk to Laurention to catch the bus :(. But we are walking distance to a lot of stores, and bicycling distance to the library, new school etc and only 5.5 km to dh's work so he plans to start biking to work. Thanks to everyone who answered my questions!

Good luck! I know 3 friends who are living in there as well. Cracked foundations and warped walls, one had a flooded basement 2 weeks after moving in.

Hope your luck is better than theirs.

regards

Anny said:

Do you want to pitch in and build some speed bumps with me?  We're in the same situation, young fella running around.  I suspect we are on opposite ends of the street though.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Good luck! I know 3 friends who are living in there as well. Cracked foundations and warped walls, one had a flooded basement 2 weeks after moving in.

regards

Those probably weren't built by Lantern. 

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:

regards

There is a shitty builder there but Lantern and Waito are good. Who built these three friends houses?

Anyone's Grunt said:
  I suspect we are on opposite ends of the street though.

Those probably weren't built by Lantern.

I would love to see speed bumps but I can't see the town going for that. We are a few houses off Boulder.

I agree those houses were not built by Lantern. We went through some of those crappy builds and I was shocked at the lack of quality and care. Completely blew my mind some of the garbage people buy.

We had an amazing home inspector, he was really great and (very important) not associated with any realtors. Shayne Kyle is the inspector we used.

Anny said:
I would love to see speed bumps but I can't see the town going for that. We are a few houses off Boulder.

Forget the town, I say we hit the home depot for a few bags of concrete and make our own.  If anything it would make for some good entertainment.  I could pass the entire evening watching speeders destroy their vehicles hitting un unmarked speedbump.  Good clean fun.

You can always do what a old neighbor of mine use to do.  Have cars parked normally in drive way and have a basket of balls ( beach, volley or basket balls) and if you see someone speeding just roll the ball towards the road as they near.  Mind you she sat in a protected area that wasnt easily visable from the road.

When I first noticed her I was walking buy and she had a wire bin of balls near her porch.  Sure enough car would occasionaly screech to a stop.  Now if only she had a neighbor accross from her to throw them back, she wouldnt have to go up to the ditch later and collect them. 

>:D

Back