• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What should GTFX do?

GTFX

Inactive
Reaction score
I received an email from Ottawa a few weeks ago stating my recruiting center will send an email to setup an interview and medical. (Toronto is the recruitment center I use)

I haven't received anything and they never pickup the phone or answer emails, takes months for a response. 

Is there anything else I can do? I call about 30+ times a day.. It goes to voice box that they don't monitor. I'm just insanely eager. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Good Day,

I'm sending you a PM with some advice.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thank you very much, as date would have it.. They called today just as I was about to drive there.. Sounds about right with my luck.

Just got a call today from the company doing the back ground check. I'm just curious if this means my medical passed.  Would they waste money / time on this if they knew I want going to pass my medical? Or is this a guarantee my medical is good. I'm asking as I had a hiccup on my medical.  Thanks.

GTFX said:
Just got a call today from the company doing the back ground check. I'm just curious if this means my medical passed. 

OP: GTFX
What should I do?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/123663/post-1446589.html#msg1446589
GTFX said:
Is there anything else I can do? I call about 30+ times a day.. It goes to voice box that they don't monitor. I'm just insanely eager. 

From Ask a CAF Recruiter,

if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

Is there an echo in here 😁

Oh your comments did not show only the quote

Not to be rude but everything you linked had little relevance to my question. But thanks anyway.. I'll keep searching.

GTFX don't be rude. 
No one can tell you what your looking for. Your medical is handled by one department and your background by another. If you want an answer on your medical call your local recruiting Center.

GTFX said:
Is there an echo in here 😁

GTFX said:
Oh your comments did not show only the quote

GTFX said:
Not to be rude but everything you linked had little relevance to my question. But thanks anyway.. I'll keep searching.

NOT TO BE RUDE, but if you really want to survive for more than one day on this site, you may want to read the Army.ca Conduct Guidelines that you agreed to when you registered, and be civil to those who give you a reply to your question.  This is not your private forum.  You are not in any way special.  A little reading of the threads that pertain to your questions will answer most, if not all, of your questions and questions you have not even thought of yet.

You will find that the people on this site do not suffer fools very gladly.

Like I said I want saying it in  a rude tone.. I read everything that was linked and none of it had any relevance then I thanked the poster and said I would try to search further.. Sorry if I offended of wasn't my intention.

If they are phoning my references, dose this mean my medical is good?

Some selected posts from the thread into which I merged your original thread, as it does not appear that you read them:

Master Corporal Steven said:
Good day ShawnCameron,

Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as “CAF Recruiter” are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

ShawnCameron I recommend that you maintain contact with the recruiting centre processing your application in accordance with the "Submitted application whats next?" post. I have provided a link to this post below: 

http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118929.0.html

DAA said:
If that's the case, then your background checks are not normally started until after your Medical has been approved and then file has been returned to your CFRC.

mariomike said:
if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

A reasonable assumption from DAA's post would be "most likely". Beyond that, nobody here can tell you anything else as nobody has access to your file. You were told in that thread how you can find out. Is it that difficult?

Thanks for the post. I read all I could on the previous post and try to call my recruiting center 10x a day, they rarely pickup if at all. I know they are busy which is why I asked here. Once again thanks for your time.

GTFX said:
I read all I could on the previous post and try to call my recruiting center 10x a day, they rarely pickup if at all.

Call display?

Have you tried using someone else's phone? 

Attachments

• kidding.jpg
    kidding.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 149
Haha right! Thanks for the reality check 😂

GTFX said:
Haha right! Thanks for the reality check 😂

Sometimes, a lame joke helps people relax.  ( Sometimes, has the opposite effect. :) )

Good luck with your application!

The reason I was asking is because I did my medical 3 weeks ago and me having a 1cm kidney stone came up and I thought that was it for me and then just on Friday I got a call from Garda about my references.. I don't want to get my hopes up.. But I'm assuming this means my medical passed and in insanely record time by the sounds of it?

GTFX said:
The reason I was asking is because I did my medical 3 weeks ago and me having a 1cm kidney stone came up and I thought that was it for me and then just on Friday I got a call from Garda about my references.. I don't want to get my hopes up.. But I'm assuming this means my medical passed and in insanely record time by the sounds of it?

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

But, we do have a couple of pages on Kidney Stones,

Kidney Stones 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/49135.25.html

GTFX said:

The approval of your Medical will take 6-8 weeks.  Provided there were no "glaring" issues when you were examined and you weren't asked to provide additional medical information, then chances are, your local Recruiting Detachment has decided to start your Background Checks ahead of time, with the assumption that you will be declared medically fit.

Good luck, sit tight and let nature run it's course.  Be sure to maintain contact with your CFRC once every 30-45 days just to check in.

Back