• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what should ilook for

B

bulldog

hi i have a interview coming up soon... and i was wondering what i should look for or any questions i should tred lightly around or anything tht will help me out... but my one eye is 20/20 and my other is 20/80 i dont wear glasses because i can see normal but im suppose to will this hurt me in anyway i wnna be part of the combat.. will my eyes let me down:(

I have what‘s most likely a stupid question regarding this matter. I have some shifty eyesight, but corrected it‘s 20/20. My problem is that I can‘t physically wear glasses and feel comortable. I‘ve worn contact lenses since I was 12 or 13, to the point now where I forget I even own glasses. Physically, I feel more confident and able.

With that said, I understand the maintenence concerns of wearing contact lenses. Fluid can be combersome and a bitch to carry. They may tend to tear away when in heavy winds, dirt and dust can be a pain too.

My last trip (I‘ve been 2 or 3 times now) to a recruiter answered many questions I had, this however is something that hadn‘t crossed my mind till now. Do the CF have any policy or guidelines regarding the use pf prescription contact lenses?

Obviously it‘s not a big deal either way, but if anyone has any ideas I‘m open =)

(...and yes, lasik is something I‘ve been looking at seriously)

Quite a few people on my basic course wore their
contact lenses instead of their glasses. None
of the instructors said anything.

Now mind you when it came to the field portion
of the course they switched to their glasses.
I myself just wore my glasses all the time. It
saved 2 minutes in the morning to put on contacts.
And.. well, 2 minutes is 2 minutes..

As for the original poster‘s question, just be
honest and be yourself and relax. A little
knowledge of current events would help also.

Back