• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what sort of exercise would prepare me for the BMOQ best possible?

JUN_1

Reaction score
Hi,

I was a drop-out years ago , off the BMOQ, faced against the wall in 8th or 9th week timing.
I have been chewing every causing factor that got me out of it - that time , i made a excuse that my spouse couldn't handle.

Odd enough, it ain't be due to that or intense hostility from NCMs trees but the short of stamina I had.
I am re-enlisting but i want to maximize my fitness level as high as to ram over all that psychological hassles. Can anyone suggest some 3~4 days/wk workout schedule , increasing stamina and sensory functions to the best?

I do not trust anything off Youtube contents. it is all liberalized.
Regards,

First off, you might want to increase your cardio. Doing jogging, running, being able to job several kilometers. You also might want to work on core muscles. Weight lifting, upper and lower body reps. Doing loaded ruck marches. There's no real secret about being physically fit; you need to be constant, disciplined and focused on goals to achieve. Work on building a solid midset as well; do shit you don't like and own it.

I'm curious too as I am possibly considering enlistment, but I'm so nervous about the physical fitness requirements. I am not physically fit as I haven't really been physically active in years. I was going to the gym three times a week for a bit, but then that sort of fizzled out since my gym partner stopped going (I do not yet have the confidence to go alone).

Edit: I just realized this wasn't about BMQ, but BMOQ, hah.

I'm curious too as I am possibly considering enlistment, but I'm so nervous about the physical fitness requirements. I am not physically fit as I haven't really been physically active in years. I was going to the gym three times a week for a bit, but then that sort of fizzled out since my gym partner stopped going (I do not yet have the confidence to go alone).

Please do not consider enlisting. I mean it. you may be destroyed literally if you can't go to the gym alone due to the confidence issue.

The fitness standards are the same whether for BMQ or BMOQ (look up the force tesr), however at RMC their fitness standards are a it more intense.
That being said, don't go to the CFRC until you can run 5k without stopping (ideally in under 30 mins but start with just not stopping) and can handle going to the gym alone. The gym should not be a scary place. The gym is not even necessary as there are tons of home programs requiring bodyweight etc. that you can use to train.
Being unfit at BMQ leads to injury and failure.

Please do not consider enlisting. I mean it. you may be destroyed literally if you can't go to the gym alone due to the confidence issue.
Yea. I've thought about this as well. I have some mental health issues too that may make BMQ especially difficult. I'm just really desperate at this point since I have no direction in life. I have no money and I can't even keep a job (often due to factors not even within my control).

The fitness standards are the same whether for BMQ or BMOQ (look up the force tesr), however at RMC their fitness standards are a it more intense.
That being said, don't go to the CFRC until you can run 5k without stopping (ideally in under 30 mins but start with just not stopping) and can handle going to the gym alone. The gym should not be a scary place. The gym is not even necessary as there are tons of home programs requiring bodyweight etc. that you can use to train.
Being unfit at BMQ leads to injury and failure.
Yea, I know it's not easy. If I were to enlist (which in itself is not even certain yet) then it seems I'd have to do a lot of physical training beforehand. I honestly wouldn't even know where to start and with where I am now it would be a long process. It almost doesn't seem worth it. As mentioned to the guy above I'm just weighing options at this point as I'm sort of desperate. I do have a sincere interest in the military, but it might not be the career path for me.

Yea. I've thought about this as well. I have some mental health issues too that may make BMQ especially difficult. I'm just really desperate at this point since I have no direction in life. I have no money and I can't even keep a job (often due to factors not even within my control).

The military will not fix these issues.

If anything, it could exacerbate them and make them worse. I understand the military seeming like a last resort, as often portrayed in movies and the like; but the reality is you will be facing stressful situations, solving problems, interacting with many different people, and maintaining high fitness standards.

If you have troubles holding down a job, do really expect to last several year contract in a position such as this?

Not trying to talk you down, just don't want you to get into something thinking it will solve all your life problems.

If anything, start hitting the gym, join some local clubs, brush up on some math, work on holding down a job for a couple years, then come back and consider this option again.

Good luck.

The Reserves might be an option for you too once you get things straightened out.

Back