• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What vision category am I in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manticure

Inactive
Reaction score
I couldn't find info on what exactly all those V1 to V5's are. I only learned about it when I called today to the recruiting medical department and they told me I need to bring in my eye subscription. I am applying for Navy or Aerospace tech trades, which the medical technician told me requires at least V3 vision. So now I am all completely nervous about what "V" I have. My vision is -3.25 or 20/400 (20/20 corrected with glasses). Can anyone tell me which V category that falls into? I would appreciated that A LOT! Thanks so much in advance!

PS: I know that people on this forum are very serious about searching before posting a topic. But it seems like the search is not working and I can't go through 143 pages of topics on this forum.

This should do it for you: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590.0

;D

Crap!! I am just over the V3 standard! I am wondering if there might be a way I can somehow reach the goal of V3 besides laser surgery.

I suggest you take the vision acuity test at the medical before jumping to any conclusions.

I already did my medical, plus my eyes checked at optometrist recently, they were just missing the prescription, which I will need to bring on monday.

PS: I just looked at the occupation vision requirements table and noticed that the Aerospace Telecommunication Technicians only requires V4. Unlike Navy Technicians which requires V3. Aerospace Technician is my primary choice, so I guess I am fine as long as they have the occupation in need. (And it seems like they do. The recruiter told me that is one of the high demanded occupations right now). That's a big weight off my shoulders, I was beginning to think I might not even meet V4 standard. Thanks for the info!

I believe they would have already told you at the medical if you did not qualify for V3 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back