• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the food like on course? (BMQ, DP, ect...) [Merged]

Just a Sig Op said:
Oh, and you'll also get the opportunity to try some regional foods you'll have never otherwise heard of (Donairs always seem to blow the mind of folks from out west, vs perogies blowing the mind of those from out east. Tourtiere? Well, try it, but I recommend a heavy dousing of ketchup :))

Three of my favorites!!!!!  If there's shepherd's pie I want to go NOW!!

What I also should have said is that our mess food, while sometimes lacking a little is much better than some if not many or most of our allies....

Yeah... try eating in a Brit mess tent for a while.... :p
American mess tent ... why does everything appear to be fried :p

geo said:

The American mess in KAF made me feel like I was at a kid's school.  Sugar Pops, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops.....I said "Where are all the grown-up cereals?"  Not long after we arrived, you were able to get regular Corn Flakes, Special K, etc.  Mind you, some of those guys were doing PT 2-3 times a day, so I guess they could afford to eat all the high fat and sugar content.

As far as BMQ goes, you'll be glad of the food, if you get enough time to eat it.  ;)

geo said:
Yeah... try eating in a Brit mess tent for a while.... :p

because it is.

Lil_T said:
Three of my favorites!!!!!  If there's shepherd's pie I want to go NOW!!

Sheaperds pie is definitly in the menu and its pretty damn good too.

You guys are all making me hungry!!!!!!

I am an extremely picky eater, and with that said, I have always been a fan of the food provided by the CF mess system.  I never ever come close to eating so well at home.

The only thing I dont like about the CF food system is box lunches and hay boxes/IMPs.  But that usually has more to do with the surroundings then anything else  ;D

ltmaverick25 said:
Sheaperds pie is definitly in the menu and its pretty damn good too.

You guys are all making me hungry!!!!!!

I am an extremely picky eater, and with that said, I have always been a fan of the food provided by the CF mess system.  I never ever come close to eating so well at home.

The only thing I dont like about the CF food system is box lunches and hay boxes/IMPs.  But that usually has more to do with the surroundings then anything else  ;D

I freaking LOVE box lunches too.  I'm a nut I know - but it reminds me of my cadet days - and some of the IMPs aren't so bad either - I just don't enjoy that bread at all....

Lil_T said:
I freaking LOVE box lunches too.  I'm a nut I know - but it reminds me of my cadet days - and some of the IMPs aren't so bad either - I just don't enjoy that bread at all....

IMPs are too damn small.  I am not fun sized, im man sized and IMPs just aggrevate me!  I need about for of the damn things per meal which of course never happens.

ltmaverick25 said:
IMPs are too damn small.  I am not fun sized, im man sized and IMPs just aggrevate me!  I need about for of the damn things per meal which of course never happens.

LOL!!!  I'll save you all my IMP bread - how about that?  (I mean - it does have a pretty long shelf life)  :salute:

Dunno... I find that the IMPs aren't bad... given a chance to heat them.
But portions are "bare minimum" for someone working hard

I'm sure I'll do fine on an IMP then being that I'm about 3 apples high.

That is, if you get to eat...

More than once, I've only had time for a glass of lemonade or chocolate milk, and a muffin.

ltmaverick25 said:

You get two (!) box lunches per flight at CFANS.  I've always just given the first one right back to 402 Sqn...who honestly needs 4 mystery-meat sandwiches?  :-X

geo said:
Dunno... I find that the IMPs aren't bad... given a chance to heat them.
But portions are "bare minimum" for someone working hard

Three meals (B\L\S) will total around 3600 calories, so they're roughly 1200 per.

I'm a bit surprised to read a post like that. I may be the one which is not normal in here, but I don't give a damn about what i'll be eating this summer during my BMOQ. I'll eat what's in the plate... and that's it!

I don't like seafoods, in fact I hate seafoods, but since i'm not allergic to it i'll eat it if needed.

I'd rather focus on I perform on the course rather than what i'll eat in a couple of hours.. But maybe it's just me...

Edit:

In fact I focus on getting in shape and getting used to get up at 5:30AM, that is more a concern to me than foods  :boring:

Thats assuming you eat EVERYTHING in the package though right?  Most only have the time or means to eat the main meal, the desert and maybe the bread.  Thats been my experience anyway.
recceguy said:

Three meals (B\L\S) will total around 3600 calories, so they're roughly 1200 per.

ltmaverick25 said:
Thats assuming you eat EVERYTHING in the package though right?  Most only have the time or means to eat the main meal, the desert and maybe the bread.  Thats been my experience anyway.

It's not my fault you're not armoured and can't carry your kitchen around with you 8). Beside the IMPs, we normally carry fresh with us to supplement. Sausage, eggs, bread, bacon, potatoes, stuff like that. Oh well, another fine day under the black (armour) beret ;)

recceguy said:
It's not my fault you're not armoured and can't carry your kitchen around with you 8). Beside the IMPs, we normally carry fresh with us to supplement. Sausage, eggs, bread, bacon, potatoes, stuff like that. Oh well, another fine day under the black (armour) beret ;)

Hmmm

Ok, if you guys have universal air conditioning in all your vehicles, im in!  If not, let me know as soon as that capability presents itself and im in then!

Matter of fact our Gwagons do have air, thank you very much :nod:

Back