• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When did you join the Canadian Forces ?

57Chevy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
It is 36 years today that I joined the Canadian Forces.
I still have the initial enrollement slip.....1300hrs to be exact.
Course 7450 in Cornwallis.
Grenville ranges photo attached:
Cheers :cheers:

Complete edit:

1978 - 48th Highlanders in Toronto;

1979 - 7932 in Cornwallis

2010 - HMCS Chippewa, Winnipeg

32 years and counting.

Did all my recruiting stuff on 18 Jan 79,  got on the plane to Cornwallis 10 Jan 80, course 8002, 12 Pl.  Any Herbies know an Ed Stewart?  He was my MCpl.

First time:  Dec 16, 1987 : Brockville Rifles- Did Basic Trg, part in Brockville, part in Petawawa

2nd Time:  Apr 1999 : 700 (Borden) Comm Sqn- Did Basic Trg again, this time in Borden with ACPDTC.  Lived in the Bunker for 10 weeks, that was neat!

Jun 11 2003 CT'd to RF.  Been at JSR ever since.

The eviction notice on the gates of the Garden of Eden was still fresh when I enlisted. To be precise, 5 December 1957 at 6 PD in Toronto.

Reserves - Apr 86...rolled over to Reg Force 25 Aug 88, Cornwallis Course number 8835.

MM

YTEP, started basic in late Oct 1986 - course number 8645.

A series of both Reg and Res F since then.  As seen on my profile.

Just received the first clasp for the CD on Tuesday (a few months overdue).  ;D

PMedMoe said:
As seen on my profile.

I was wondering why you were a MCpl SigOp.... then I figured out your link points to each persons individual profile. For Moe's profile, click here: PMedMoe

Enrolled in the res in Owen Sound 14 Dec '86; took the plunge in to the regs 27 Oct '94. Decided to remuster from inf to LCIS while I could still walk upright, doing that since Feb 2001!

Joined as an Infantryman on 06 Dec, 1956 at 6 PD Toronto.

The remuster came later after 4 1/2 years as a Bren Gunner, and then Infantry Signaller Driver/Op.

Drummy

My enrolment date was September 11th, 2001. I remember filling out paperwork in the morning when a Captain came into the room and informed us all that there had been a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. The mood was quite a bit more sombre after that but we still proceeded with the ceremony.

Fast forward to now and I have nine years in and I'm on my third trade. I can't really imaging doing anything else.

Sworn in 05 Feb 1999....

Coming up on my CD this year. It'll look nice beside my GCS  ;D

So far, despite hurting my knee over the years, and @#$ing up my back in Afghanistan, I still have no Regrets about what I've done! It's been a great adventure to this point!

PuckChaser said:
I was wondering why you were a MCpl SigOp.... then I figured out your link points to each persons individual profile. For Moe's profile, click here: PMedMoe

Thanks for the correction.  I didn't realize that.

JM, I am high-speed.  ;)

When did you join the Canadian Forces ?

I didn't....there were no wars going on at the time that the CF was involved in, so I tripped on down South....they had a handy one, warmth, tropical delights, soothing rains, oh, and plenty of action.....er....wait one.....that wasn't quite the way it was, but the past is better remembered than lived.  ;D.....December, 1966, USMC..............

In November 1984 I enrolled as a Private Soldier in The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment.  On 13 September 1989 I CT'd to The Royal Canadian Regiment as a Corporal.  After a posting in Gagetown and London, ON, I began life as an OCdt (UTPNCM) on 01 May 1995.  Many moons later, I find myself back in Gagetown after stints in Gagetown (!) and Petawawa.

(It seems as though Gagetown and I agree on a few things.  It's been a love/hate relationship) ;D

Back