• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When is the december 2010 pay

Mike24

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, When is the december 2010 pay for the canadian forces? The 30 or the 31 of December ?? Because i didn't received mine... Thank you in advance.

It's the last day of every month.  So the 31st in December.  Tonight around midnight you should get your pay.

That's my understanding at least.  I know people in my platoon have been losing their birds because they didn't get paid today, but I never expected to get paid today I always figured it was tomorrow, so I'm operating under the assumption I'm right until such a time I don't get paid on the last day of the month.

I'm in week 5 in St. Jean right now so maybe my pay works differently though, but I doubt it.  I'm pretty fucked if I don't get paid tomorrow though haha.  Not sure how I'll make it back to St. Jean.

::)

Which day is the "End of the Month"?

How many times do people have to be told this?

And......don't go looking for it first thing in the morning either.

Wow thx for the fast reply i'm in week 4 at st-jean too so my pay should be the same as you :p

Mike24 said:
Wow thx for the fast reply i'm in week 4 at st-jean too so my pay should be the same as you :p

Maybe.  I know our first two were $600.00 each (this was in my platoon, don't know how that changes amongst different platoons), but they gave us that $220 advance also.  They told us before we left we had some back pay we'd be getting.  So you might get the same treatment, but I can't be sure.

I was hoping to get a pay stub before my pay so I could see how the quarters and rations bit worked out (since we aren't on base for 25 days) and whether or not that came off this pay or not.  Ah well, it will be nice to get some money back into the account.  I blew a lot of my pay over the break and the first weekend we had off... haha.

Mike24 said:
Hello, When is the december 2010 pay for the canadian forces?

Well, for starters, the first "December 2010" pay was Wednesday, 15th of december.

Remember to old days when you got the entire months pay on the 15th of Dec?  The first two weeks of Jan were really really long for those who didn't budget accordingly. 

SGT-RMSCLK said:
Remember to old days when you got the entire months pay on the 15th of Dec?  The first two weeks of Jan were really really long for those who didn't budget accordingly.

Damn, and here I thought I spent too much on Christmas now.  I couldn't imagine if it was cash mid-month.  :eek:  Fortunately, I have never had to deal with such a pay schedule.

SGT-RMSCLK said:

Honestly?!???! RegF?

And I b!tched about my "A" pay....Christ.... :eek:

That's a penis shrinker.....

Hammer Sandwich said:
Honestly?!???! RegF?

Yup, thats how it was. I remember those days well and thankfully, it did not go on long after i joined.

Hammer Sandwich said:
Honestly?!???! RegF?

And I b!tched about my "A" pay....Christ.... :eek:

That's a penis shrinker.....

CDN Aviator said:
Yup, thats how it was. I remember those days well and thankfully, it did not go on long after i joined.

And here is a shocker.......in the not so distant past P.Res were paid peanuts....

CDN Aviator said:

I understand the efficieny and economics of it from the administrative point of view.....but holy shoot....that's just asking for a metric bumload of trouble.

Wow...starting out during the late 1950's in the AF must have been a giant pain-in-the-rump....  ;)

NFLD Sapper said:
And here is a shocker.......in the not so distant past P.Res were paid peanuts....

Insert: "Self-righteous-Hammer-Sandwich-style-self-serving-comment"

You tryin' to get me banned?......Jeez Louise.....

Hammer Sandwich said:
Wow...starting out during the late 1950's in the AF must have been a giant pain-in-the-rump....  ;)

I wouldnt know about that, i didnt join the AF until 2004.

CDN Aviator said:
I wouldnt know about that, i didnt join the AF until 2004.

Jeesus...talk about a Joke falling flat..........

(edit for spelling "see J")....still not funny huh?....another swing and a miss.....

The primary reason for giving the entire month's pay on the 15th was for those folks who traveled away for the holidays in the days before we had debit cards, banking machines, and banks were only open from 10 am to 2 pm.  Fun fun.

It wasn't uncommon for some young Pte or Cpl to come into the OR looking for an advance on the mid Jan pay because he blew all his money by the 24th of Dec.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
The primary reason for giving the entire month's pay on the 15th was for those folks who traveled away for the holidays in the days before we had debit cards, banking machines, and banks were only open from 10 am to 2 pm.  Fun fun.

It wasn't uncommon for some young Pte or Cpl to come into the OR looking for an advance on the mid Jan pay because he blew all his money by the 24th of Dec.

Actually, it had more to do with giving the Finance Clerks an opportunity to take leave over Christmas.  If we'd issued pay at the end of the month, we would have needed people working in the last two weeks in order to process it.  By issuing the entire month's pay at mid month, the Finance Clerks could take a break (i.e. like everybody else).  Since the regulations allow personnel to draw an advance of pay to cover a period of leave, it didn't make much difference to everyone else in terms of entitlement, but wreaked havoc on many people's personal finances.  The lineup outside my door on January 5th was usually quite long!

Pusser said:
By issuing the entire month's pay at mid month, the Finance Clerks could take a break (i.e. like everybody else). 

A significant portion of the military continues operations over the hollidays by splitting the period into smaller parts so that members take leave in "shifts". I do not see why this would not have been possible for the pay folks as well.

CDN Aviator said:
A significant portion of the military continues operations over the hollidays by splitting the period into smaller parts so that members take leave in "shifts". I do not see why this would not have been possible for the pay folks as well.

True, but that's for operations, which can't be put off.  Even with operations in mind, most units reduce manning as much as possible at Christmas so as to enable folks to get the leave they want.  Remember also that the world was a very different place when this policy was in effect.  We shut down as much as we could.  Why jam leave when there was another option available?  Keep also in mind that paying people on Dec 31st was not as simple as having someone available that day.  It took about two weeks to produce a payroll.  Many things have since been automated, so the old policy is no longer necessary.

Back