• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

I want to know if anybody receive an offer to go to the next NOAB (5 to 9 of July 2010)?

Hey Goldy....I was going to be going on that trip.  But I "rethought" the Navy option.    As much as I love the idea, I choose to stick to my original plan (which was Logistics Officer)  But I will have to wait for the fall to reapply.  I didn't make the cut off dates this year with medical stuff getting in the way.  BUT...I will be attempting to get into the Air Reserves in the meantime.

Just wanted to let you know, there are a couple great BLOGS out there regarding what to expect during your NOAB.  My interviewer gave me copies of them, good read. (just google it)

Good luck and enjoy!!!

TFLY said:
Just wanted to let you know, there are a couple great BLOGS out there regarding what to expect during your NOAB. My interviewer gave me copies of them, good read. (just google it)

Good luck and enjoy!!!

anyone find the said blogs?

Goldy said:
I want to know if anybody receive an offer to go to the next NOAB (5 to 9 of July 2010)?

No, but post if you do... I missed the last one due my confusing medical arrangements. The 9th is my birthday, that would be a nice present  :)

Anyone get a call for the next NOAB? It's getting close and I'm wondering if anyone is making the trip.

I going to wait till the 15th and then call my friends down at the CFRC. The only place I have heard about the 5-9 July 2010 date is here and no offence, I'm sure its correct, but I'm not putting a lot of weight on it. Also important to remember that the CFRC doesn't make the decisions, Ottawa does. I'm assuming that it is top down scoring as well.

I did confirm with the recruiting office about a month ago that July 5-9 is the next NOAB. Maybe no news is good news at this point.

I think for mine I got four days advance notice, so don't start to freak out yet, that is still almost a month away, they haven't forgotten about you.

I was told that the next NOAB was sometime in July as well - the dates were from here, of course.  I spoke with my file manager yesterday who said that they generally hear sometime between 1 and 3 weeks before the NOAB itself.  I'll let it play out by itself for now and call in a couple of weeks.

AcerSyrup - what do you mean by "top down" scoring? 

No, it does seem that the date is confirmed.

Kinda forgot that MARBA revealed his NOT so secret identity... http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dsa-dns/sa-ns/ab/sobv-vbos-eng.asp?mAction=View&mBiographyID=740

Sorry Sir and thanks for the help!

As for top down scores... I want to make clear that I don't know if they would do that or not... it is an assumption of mine.

If you have 20 spots on the NOAB and you have 40 candidates. You would take the top scoring candidates (which I personally know my CFAT marks aren't all that grerat). Then again... it maybe first come first served. I wouldn't worry about it, we will all get our day at some point. I have also read on here for dates in the past that some boards have been cancelled due to lack of candidates.

Here is a reply to another post.

http://Forums.Navy.ca/forums/threads/94586/post-943212.html#msg943212

I was told that the next NOAB was for sure July 5th to 9th. I'm waiting for the call myself  :)

When the NOAB sits, they will assess all candidates, and group them into 3 categories. Acceptable with offer, acceptable without offer, and unacceptable. (Note, the actual category name may be different, but that's the idea). If there are 25 candidates who want to be Mars Bars some day, and 14 slots available at that time, and 5 of the candidates are deemed to be unacceptable, 6 of the other candidates will be told, hey, you'd be just fine, but we can't quite fit you in at this moment.

It is important to note that those 6 candidates may indeed still be getting an offer if any of the 14 given an offer are unable to start basic training, either due to injury, family emergency, or just plain old deciding they don't want to anymore. On my basic training course, we had at least two Naval Technical Officers whom this happened to.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether or not a candidate who is acceptable but didn't get an offer will be required to attend subsequent NOABs in order to remain in consideration, or if the next NOAB will simply use the rating from the previous board in the next round of assessments, should the person still want to get in at that point.

Offers to attend the NOAB are indeed being sent out.  I know since I recieved mine for MARS today.

good luck to everyone else.

Hey guys, where are your recruiting center...  ???
I'm from Ottawa and I didn't receive any call yet!!! :crybaby:

I am being recruited out of Thunder Bay.  The staff has been nothing but amazing.  When I didn't get my first choice they were all empathetic for me and were just really excited that I got on to the NOAB.  I don't think there is better recruiting staff anywhere in Canada, although I do admit my bias.

Goldy said:
Hey guys, where are your recruiting center...  ???
I'm from Ottawa and I didn't receive any call yet!!! :crybaby:
Bathurst N.B.  I'm waiting for a call me too  :nod:    by the way it's my first post! hi to everyone !!

Hey I am also in Thunder Bay I got my notice on Wednesday the 9th heading out to NOAB July 5
I am going DEO MARS, look forward to getting out there

Back