• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

Hello all MARS candidates,

I just received my invitation for the NAOB today.  I had my interview etc. on Sept. 8th and was told about the Sept. 28th NOAB but thought that I had missed the "boat" when I hadn't heard anything by last Friday.  Anyways, I'm pretty excited and appreciate all the posts in this thread.

I also applied under the CEOTP and am currently attending UVIC so I still have to talk to my professors and see how they will react to me missing a week of school including midterms etc.  However, I am committed to attending the NOAB and would be very excited about an OCT BMOQ even if I have to drop this semester. 

Look forward to seeing you all.  I will probably be the guy with the political science textbooks at the breakfast table.

Matt

Welcome, Matt.  And congratulations on being selected and invited to attend the NOAB.

Welcome aboard, Matt.

Look forward to meeting you (and everyone else).

Steve
:cdn:

Man, will I ever be glad Monday when all you guys are too busy to post stuff on here. The week off will be nice.

All kidding aside. I just want to say good luck to all of you. And give the Tudor House a pat for me. Tell her I miss her!

What about the 6 mile? That was my old stomping grounds back in the late 80s.  Love that place.

They both look like great places , straight out of England.  Guess the Tudor is closer to where we will be located?

Actually if my rum fuzzy mind recalls I believe the Half Mile (AKA Halfway) House and the Carlton Club are closer. I could be mistaken. It's been a while since I staggered down the main drag.

You are probably right. I was used to the 6 mile being closer as I was at RRMC at the time.  ahhh the memories of the 6mile, 3 mile, 9 mile, 11 1/2 mile.  Lot's of good pubs in the area.

It sure became quite *echo* quite, quite, quite in here, here, here.  :D

Next time we hear from many of you, we hope many of you are well on your way to being JOUTs. This is part of the reason many readers such as myself have read the thread without posting.

The one thing that will always stick in my mind about my NOAB was the one gentleman who arrived on the Saturday, found out that as a naval officer he might be expected to spend up to *gasp* 6+ months at sea at a time, and promptly called the airline to get his ticket changed to fly out the next day.

Well, that and the nickname that I gained on the NOAB that will follow me for the rest of my career.

WOW... what a great time.  The experience this past week at the NOAB was amazing.  Great to meet all of you from here and I think all of us made it in who participated on this forum.  I think I made some friends for the rest of my career in the NAVY and am now looking forward to meeting up with you all either at BMOQ or later on in Esquimalt.... Best of luck to those of you who are attending the Oct 19 BMOQ....let us know how it goes!  Lawrence, Jay, Andrea and others attending that session... also great to meet Steve, his 'five-head' and great (well, not bad any way) sense of humour, and other friends like Tyler, Jerry, Cody, Trish and the others whose names I cannot remember.  It was an informative, fun and at times very stressful week.  Again, great to meet you  all and looking forward to moving into training phase with some of you (and learning a few more names).

Paul

Thank you for the update Paul and congratulations to all. I was wondering if we would hear how you all fared.

From the Navy's old toasts, for Thursday: Here's "for A Bloody War or a Sickly Season"

For those of us who attended the Sept 28 NOAB, I have created a facebook group where we can keep track of each others ups and downs...share pics etc....  group is called "NOAB 0903".  It would be great for starters if we could find out who is starting BMOQ on Oct 19 and who (like me) starts in January.

SomethingImportant said:
For those of us who attended the Sept 28 NOAB, I have created a facebook group where we can keep track of each others ups and downs...share pics etc....  group is called "NOAB 0903".  It would be great for starters if we could find out who is starting BMOQ on Oct 19 and who (like me) starts in January.

Paul, I know that Adam and Andrea took people's email, have you told them about the group, maybe they could pass on the information !
Hope you had a nice trip back home !

Hello my new friends and future colleagues!

I want to say what a pleasure it's been to have met so many wonderful candidates at this NOAB. I look forward to sharing my career with you!

Also, I wish to express my thanks and appreciation to posters such as gcclarke, otis, MARS, kratz and all the others who have contributed advice or words of encouragement for us here. This week past was stressful, but I felt well armed having read your posts here.

See you in the Fleet!

What a fantastic week.  I had a great time meeting everyone.  Those of us who had been posting on this tread felt like we already knew each other.  If I am not mistaken, everyone of us who did post on here, received an offer.

I look forward to seeing everyone again in Victoria soon.  Good luck on BMOQ everyone.  Remember to never lose sight of your goal (all that fun on the day sail).

Ready aye Ready

Steve
:salute: :cdn:

Indeed, a fantastic week, definately got to see the nicer side of being an officer.  For those of us crazy enough to sign up for the BMOQ in two weeks, wish us luck, because we will need it for sure.  As for the rest of you Ill see you in january, ill be the guy laughing at you on your first day as you're walking in!!
See you all in the fleet!
jay

Again, congratulations to you all. I've been following this thread for some time, and I found it to be informative and helpful. I did not make it to this year's NOAB, but I hope to attend one in the, hopefully, not so distant future. I know that you are not supposed to divulge much info about exams and so on, but it would be very nice if you could share what you can.

Back