• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where did the CIG directives go?

Matt_Ubbing

Inactive
Reaction score
Went to the arty school website on the din.... Can't seem to get access to them anymore... help?

I'm sure, that if you went and asked a WO at the school, or even the SMIG, you wont have any problem getting a copy of the CIG', instead of spending the last 2 months on here, and trying to get someone else to get them for you.

I don't think the SMIG is posted to Red Deer...
Gunner78 - you're right - they've moved the CIG Directives off Documentum onto a LFDTS website and it took me a while to find them using the awesome DIN search engine. If you can wait until Monday I can email your DIN address.

Someone did some cleaning during block leave and had inadvertently removed them, but the CIG directives are now back on the Arty School's DIN website

CIG directives should not be on the Arty website. 

They should only be on Documentum and someone needs to get their shit together and keep Documentum up to date.

Disagree Gny

I authored a number of directives for different CIG's, and I found that after trying many different methods to distribute that information, that the one method that began working consistently was notifying unit Ops (including Reserve units) and key stakeholders of the change, and direct them to the School's webpage, where it was easy to find and download as required.

Documentum is primarily meant to support training, not for interim procedure changes, and isn't the easiest thing to dig through anyway.

The school website is fine.  As well as Documentum for this purpose.  Hopefully they are both up to date, current and consistent.  Document certainly needs work, but it should be our one stop shop. 

If directives need to be passed quickly and made readily available than e-mail should suffice and a properly maintained Regt data base should be used.

Back