• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Me, well, although now a serious SHORT TIMER here in Shyteland, I am still a humble Fobbit, residing in one of the many FOBs here in Hell City, however, soon I really will be back home.

Whats the first thing I am doing to do on my first full day back in the world?

I am going to go down to Woorim Beach, and watch the sun rise over the Coral Sea, and then go for a swim. I'll never take another sunrise for granted, thats guaranteed!

Cheers,

Wes

Lived in BC for a long time (except when in Asia) or educated in Nova Scoia
Dont want to give too much to my instructors ;)
see you soon

Originally from Vancouver island, BC.
Moved to Winnipeg with my husband in 1998, posted in 2001 to Comox, Medical release for my Husband in 2003 - SISIP retraining to Civy for husband, Last move on DND to Edmonton AB.

Spouse - 13 years in, Cornwallis, then workpoint Barracks - Victoria, then Winnipeg in 1994, then Jan 2001 - Comox, May 2005 Alberta.

Base Brat? Edmonton Born in 85 raised til 90, CFB Esq til 96, back to Edmonton til 00, then to Fort McMurray until )4 then moved home

I plan on calling wainwrong home for 4 months this summer (2mths Fd Trg and 2 Months on DP1 and DP2 Recce)

Base Brat born in London Ont in 72 ,moved to Calgary (Sarcee barracks ) in 73 to 80 then to Ottawa (Rockcliffe ) and then Petawawa in 82 and back to london in 84 was there until I moved to Borden to work at the recruit school in 05 and the adventure just keeps on rolling 

Born in Halifax, moved to Victoria, back to Dartmouth then on to Ottawa, Red Deer for a short time, back to Ottawa, on to Petawawa, Lahr, Petawawa, Ottawa, Petawawa and hopefully Ottawa this summer.  ;D

I call Ottawa my home town because that is where I came of age.

It's funny but looking at the posts in this topic none of them strikes me as incredibly transient, but to the average Canadian I imagine it would seem that most of us have lived out of a suitcase for our whole lives.  :-\

My wife was like that. When we got married she'd only ever been out of Ontario once (to Calgary) for 3 days... I broke her of that though, 7 months after we were married I took her to Germany ;D

Hmmm....

Like most posters here, "home" is a moving target.

Born in Montreal (Lachine) - 1960
Moved to Calgary - 1964
Moved to Edmonton - 1969
Moved to Calgary - 1971
Joined Army (won't include 6 mo tours or courses) - 1977
Moved to Winnipeg - 1977
Moved to Saskatoon - 1980 (out of Army)
Moved to Calgary - 1981
Joined Army (again - 1982)
Moved to Petawawa (AIRBORNE!) - 1985
Tehran, Iran - 1988
Edmonton (Morinville)  - 1989
Calgary - 1983
Edmonton (Fort Saskatchewan) - 1986
Retired from Army - 2003
Moved to Terrace, BC - 2007

Phew - that's a few moves, although fewer than others.  I always consider Calgary as my home town - that's were I (for the most part) grew up, and where my kids were born.

I've recently moved here to Terrace, BC - and have started to become involved in the local social/political scene.  THIS (I hope and pray) will be my final move, and I will probably consider Terrace my "home town" within 20 or 25 years or so.

Back in Halifax again.

;D

First night home, Mooseheads home game at 1900.  Gotta love it!

Home has been too many places to rhyme off here....as a Reservist for 17 years who went anywhere/everywhere they would send me, home for many years was where ever my kit dropped.

Now as Reg Frce and just finishing up a 5 year long Cl B run in Halifax, and posted to Halifax, and just getting back from St-Jean/CFLRS, I think Halifax feels like home, as much as any place ever did.

Go Moose!

Good ol' Newfoundland is home for me. Wasn't born here, but mom and dad are both Newfie's and I've lived here my entire life except for the initial 4 short years. I love the Rock and will always consider myself a Newfoundlander!

Home right now is Winnipeg - and all you think you have problems!  I know, I know, *Suck it up Princess*  :)

Was born and in Brandon MB, lived in Alexander MB till age 4, Brandon till 13 yrs, then Kemnay MB till I was 18. Kemnay and Alexander are 8 and 16 miles west of Brandon.

At 18 joined the Navy-beautiful (!) Cornwallis by the sea for 2 months, CFB Esquimalt for trade training, Tattoo '67 for 5 months (Ottawa, Victoria, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton), back to CFB Esquimalt for 2 months refresher, then Halifax and CFS Mill Cove in Hubbards, NS-now closed.

When I got out, back to Kemnay for a few months, married in Brandon then 3 years in Calgary - divorced. Moved to Nanton AB, then Elkford BC, back to Brandon then off to Estevan and Bienfait, SK for a job at Bienfait Coal. Lived shortly in North Portal, SK, then 15 years in Selkirk, MB-and did a 3-month term job-fly-in. fly-out, in Balmertown, Ont. Now we've been in Winnipeg for 5 years.

During some of that time I was with 746 (Calgary) Comm Sqn, and 735 Comm Regt Winnipeg.

My heart, and my grown son, are in Halifax. I'd loved it, and The Lad does too. He wouldn't join the Navy, though - he's working on a sailing ship!

:cdn:
Hawk

I live in the North East of England in the UK.  I've found the stats of where people come from very informative.  It shows that people communicate with each other on this website from all over the world.

Now that is fantastic and it shows how great this site really is.

All the very best guys

Steve

"2 years less a day" somewere out West....Not ;D

Currently near Barrie, ON

Ontario then Alberta then Ontario then Quebec and now New Brunswick hopefully going back to Ontario in the near future.

Back