• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where have all the Lynx Gone ?

The Armour school supported the cadet corps.. I am sure they have some "red tape" cutters in the QM..

Donated..... = spare parts returned "as" written off vehicle............ = creative bookkeeping (should we call Mrs Fraser?)

The Ferret (and probably the Fox) is not a mine resistant vehicle.  Flat bottom - not a monocoque shaped hull designed to deflect the blast away.

Last time I checked there was a fully operational one (and a M113 as well) in private hands in Calgary.

George Wallace said:
Now the Fox is a good vehicle.  Very quiet, like the Ferret, but larger.  We never had turrets on our ferrets (exception being one in Cyprus that we 'acquired' from the Brits) so perhaps it would be a good candidate.

Problem with the Fox, is like the Ferret, vehicle maintenance may be a nightmare.
As I understand it  it was also top heavy and gave the safety nazis fits'

GK .Dundas said:
As I understand it  it was also top heavy and gave the safety nazis fits'

So it would fit in well with the Coyote, LAVIII, RG-31 and LUVW!  ;)

We love top heavy vehicles!

I think there is one sitting out side McGregor Armouries in Winnipeg.

Loch Sloy! said:
Last time I checked there was a fully operational one (and a M113 as well) in private hands in Calgary.

Actually, there are a few in the compound of the Movie company lot in the old Curry Barracks.  As you sit on top of the ones across the Trail at the Military Museums. 

I know of two Lynx in Moose Jaw. Both at the Currie Armouries. One in UN colours, the other camouflaged with that all so standard two shades of green and black.

They have a swag of vehciles out front, but due to some vandalism, they are in need of some TLC. A ferret, many old trucks and jeeps, and at least one gun, a 25 pounder, plus a Sherman too.

When back in Canada and Saskatchewan, I always go to MJ. Do the spa and tunnel thing, and yes, go to that armouries too.

Cheers,

Wes

There are two in the ASU vechicle lot in Calgary. One in cam, the other in UN markings as off just prior to Xmas both are runners. In talking to one of the LDSH vets there are several runners in BC.

VP

The 2 at the ASU in Calgary are not runners.  Completely gutted.  There are two Lynx in BC under odd circumstances.  Both are on the DA of the Militia in Vancouver, but have been "Loaned" to a private party for "Storage".  They are actually being rented for movies, which is quite questionable because no one know where the money is going.  The liability issue is also of concern, because when someone gets injured, it's under the obligation of the owner to re-imburse.  Don't think the DND wants that responsability, or even allows it.

Back