• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where stayed the SD&G-Highlanders in the Netherlands in 1945?

Wigger KF vd Horst

Inactive
Reaction score
1) I would like to know the - exact - locations where the Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Highlanders stayed in the Netherlands. Not only the name of the village or city, but specific the exact date and the name of that location, perticular during their stay at Elspeet.
2) Also I would like to know also maybe more locations at Hilversum where they stayed between May 19th and June 14th 1945. The're some locations I know already:
- The Ruysdaelschool - Ruysdaellaan 6 - 155 SD&G-Highlanders (among them the Mortar Platoon Donihee - 107 found by Name - If you're interested: the list with the names and a detailed photo by e-mail: wiggervdhorst27@planet.nl -
- The Julianaschool - Eikbosserweg 166 and Egelantierstraat 115 - 60 SD&G-Highlanders HQ-Coy - Found all by name.
- The Gerardus Majellaschool - Irisstraat 2a - 30 SD&G-Highlanders - Found 3 names: E.C. St.Pierre. T.W.Stanley and H.W.Towes
- Country house "De Rietkop" - Utrechtsestraatweg 45 - 60 Officers, among them Lt-Col.N.M.Gemmell, Lt.J.André, Capt.R.Baker, Maj.J.P.Donihee, Capt.R.B.Gault, Lt.A.T.Gavin, Capt.B.Keeler, Maj.F.W.Lander, Lt.S.Leslie, G.B.McCourt, Maj.C.E.Petepiece, Capt.R.M.Smith, Lt.T.W.Stanley, Maj.J.G.Stothart, Maj.B.M.Thomson and Lt.F.Wilson.
- The Maple Leaf Stadium (originally "het Gemeentelijk Sportpark") - Soestdijkerstraatweg - 450 SD&G-Highlanders during a Parade in June 1945.
- At ELSPEET - Exact Location Unkown: 60 Warrant Officers - All by name.
If you can give any information or if you want information about photos, made in Hilversum and Elspeet, please let me know by e-mail. Thank you!

Back