• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which Air Force trades are hurting for people?

Actually, what I am surprised about is that the info from a current mbr of that MOC (which would be accurate and up to date) is the same as that of a spreadsheet made by someone in Borden (which is NOT always accurate).  The surprise isn't that you knew it, rather that ISS actually put the right stuff into the spreadsheed, even considering the numbers probably came from your CM ;)

Maybe somehow the move to DMCARM from CFRG helped (but I doubt it).

CDN Aviator said:
Dont forget that you then have a Navigator for "Nav training O" and another for "Nav standards O" ( i would think)

We have all sorts of Navs in the standards and training shop that are over and above the one in the crews

We don't have Sqn standards anymore. That's all done by A3 and they're manned properly, 4 standards pilots and 2 or 3 navs. MHSET is similar, 2 pilots and 1 nav.

The 18 are either in Ops, Readiness, or on Dets.

Inch said:
We don't have Sqn standards anymore.

I was not aware of that.

We still have one of each trade (pilot, FE, AES Op, NAVCOM and TACNAV) in the Sqn Standards shop. The training guys have moved back with the line guys ever since we went to the trade pool system.

Back back onto AES Op being in the hurt locker, its only going to get worse. 75 to 80 percent of the MOC is pensionable (i.e. have 20 years in or more already) and the production of new operators in Winnipeg cant keep up ( half or less pass the basic course and others fail on the MOAT/OTU).

and for 3+ years i've been trying to get over to the "reddest" trade, aes op, but my own trade, by comparison, is only slightly red and i can't pay someone to let me come over.

RM techs,  641,  or mosid 00310
Refrigeration Mechanical trade have about 120 members,, and hurtin for more

SupersonicMax said:
Inch, they need Navs for all these ground jobs and UAV positions to come ;)

The dont need more navs to fill those. They can have all those CP-140 ASOs that will be without a seat now.

CDN Aviator said:
www.aesoplounge.com

I was wondering if the ANAV community has a similar webpage.  Do you know of it by any chance?  Google is not helping.

The dont need more navs to fill those. They can have all those CP-140 ASOs that will be without a seat now.

Every ASO in the Air Force wouldn't even come close to filling the looming UAV manpower bill...

ANAV is short Trained Effective Strength and the demographics of the occupation aren't great.

SeaKingTacco said:
Every ASO in the Air Force wouldn't even come close to filling the looming UAV manpower bill...

ANAV is short Trained Effective Strength and the demographics of the occupation aren't great.

Sorry.....i should have added a  :p to my post.

Folks with DWAN access looking for more global information on Occupation/Trade status would find the report on this page useful:
http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmp/dpgr/engraph/reports/description_e.asp?sec=2&report=parra

As the name of the report implies it details PML, TES, attrition and recruitment status for various groupings to include the entire CF to specific trades and occupations.

This report like so many others is subject to the garbage in garbage out phenomenon, but it has a fairly good track record for accuracy in my experience. Your milage may vary.

Back