• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who is Going to BMQ on May 8th?

I just read my orders in detail, and I leave May 5th in the morning and I get to Montreal at 2200hrs (Same day)

so do we just take a cab to st jean? unless their is more than 9 personel than their is no personal bus there to pick us up... so we take a cab?

Take a cab, and get a reciept. Make sure you hold on to it so the CF can re-imburse you later.

so it doesnt matter if I get there at midnight / 1am, they will accomodate?

For those who are going on may 8th when did you get your call ?

I got sworn in on March 27th and they gave me a job offer about a week before that

Brazil_66 said:
so it doesnt matter if I get there at midnight / 1am, they will accomodate?

The doors lock at 0100 for green sector, (which is the sector you'll be in). You can always try though.

Do you guys think if i didnt get a call for the may 8th BMQ i might still get one or will i have to wait for the next BMQ ?

You never know, I heard of some people getting sworn in, and heading off to Basic within the week and sometimes the same day  :eek:
Its all about faith

So there is still hope for the May BMQ...I'm just waiting for "the call".

Hello,
I got sworn in on March 30th, basic may 8th,report to st.jean for 1800hrs, on May 7th. There were 4 people who got sworn in with me who started basic in Borden for april 10th. Hope to see you all there.

CHEERS!!!

This for all those who are still hoping to get a call for the may bmq... keep having hope i just got my call today(APRIL 10).... woooohoooo !!!!
Im all pumped  :salute: :cdn:

And as a vehicle tecnician.

When i spoke with the  guy over the phone i also got him to say that there were other calls to be made this week, so guys keep hoping cause your phone might be ringing soon.

good luck

I'll be there. Looking forward to it. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Heh, funny story. I originally applied back in November last year, did my testing this February, was told that I'd probably hear something in March. I called a few times to check on the status of my application, and was mostly told that they were waiting for my medical paperwork to get processed. Anyway, hadn't called for a couple weeks, so Monday, March 27th, around maybe 10:00AM I pick up the phone to ask, again, the status of my application. "You've been merit-listed," I hear, so I think, home-run, at least that's taken care of. Maybe 12:30 PM the same day, I get a call back. "We've been really busy down here... but do you think you can make it down here to Victoria this Friday?" I was a little taken aback, but I said, of course. Next day I was formally offered a position, and three days (and ten hours driving) after that, I was sworn in. A guy at our swearing-in ceremony that Friday left the next day to start his BMQ on Monday. Just goes to show that it pays to check in, and that government bureaucracy can, on occasion, move swiftly.

Hope to see some of y'all May 8 at St. Jean. Name's Luebke, feel free to look me up, doubly so for any other prospective infanteers. ;)

Back