• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who to turn to when you've lost trust in your CoC?

freakerz

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Who should I see if I don't trust my CoC anymore. Went up to the WO, still not handling my case with any dignity or respect. Padre?

Depends on what the issue is. If its a personal matter, by all means see the padre. They aren't a substitute for the CoC and can't fix career matters.

It'd be hard to offer advice without knowing what the problem is, and I doubt you want that all over the internet. Alternative Dispute Resolution can help if you've got issues between you and another party, or if you feel like you're being treated differently by your CoC. Perhaps there may be a reason your WO isn't helping you out that is behind the scenes, but that shouldn't preclude your problem be handled with dignity.

freakerz said:
Who should I see if I don't trust my CoC anymore. Went up to the WO, still not handling my case with any dignity or respect. Padre?

I'm not trying to belittle your concerns, but dignity and respect is your one sided, biased observation. It might not be the observation of an outside viewer. Anyway, if you perceive the problem as being your WO, most CSM\ SSM, etc. have a reasonable open door policy where you can probably make an appointment to discuss your concerns, in house. There is also your immediate Officer, who normally make themselves available also, when it comes to a Troop's concern

That being said, most WOs have a fair amount of admin, reports, schedules, etc that they have to try juggle. Perhaps this has led to your perception that he is not giving you 100% of his time in solving your problem. Many things are not what they appear on the face of it in the military and there is no requirement for a supervisor to let all his workers know every detail of every daily occurance.

Perception is the key here. Your's, his and a non involved third party's.

Unfortuneatly, a public internet forum is not the place to discuss all the nitty gritty and, again, we'll only get one side of the story anyway. Not really fair is it?

I've already consulted the BPSO and an MO on the subject, I just needed to know if going to the MWO or the OC was appropriate if need be... to get that third party input/moderation.

Thanks guys

If you are looking for that third party moderation than the dispute resolution centre is a really great option (as was mentioned previously).  You can give them a call and they will provide a lot of info as to what types of services they offer.  The nice thing about this option is that you may be able to resolve any "problems" without it escalating (i.e. taking it up the CoC).

freakerz said:
I've already consulted the BPSO and an MO on the subject, I just needed to know if going to the MWO or the OC was appropriate if need be... to get that third party input/moderation.

Thanks guys

You bet, that's what the chain of command is for. If you're not getting the help you need at any point along the chain, you should go to the next link up.  Most OCs deal with this type of stuff all the time.

Back