• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why the distrust

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Michael's Medical Team,

Why do people, esp infantry, expect that once they actually get to do the job that they were hired and PAID WELL for, that they now deserve some sort of special badge

After witnessing the dedication and selfless acts of riflemen throughout my company while engaging the enemy, I think they do deserve special recognition.  During World War 2, the US Army came up with their CIB for this reason - "Of all soldiers, it was recognized that the infantryman continuously operated under the worst conditions and performed a mission which was not assigned to any other soldier or unit.  They are the only soldier whose daily mission is to close with and destroy the enemy and to seize and hold terrain."  There is nothing wrong with acknowledging this tough and bloody work with a badge.  I hope we see a Canadian version of the CIB and as well a CAB to recognize our brothers in arms, supporting us in the fight.

Isn't a medics job to physically inspect dicks?. Hold on I feel a drive by George Wallace.

Tow Tripod

Drive by is right, and for that you have earned another type of proficiency badge. 

Badges and Certificates don't make the man.  Deeds do.  You are now to be introduced to the Warning system for trolling and abusing the Rules of Conduct for this site.

Thanks for coming out.

Dirty Patricia said:
St Michael's Medical Team,

After witnessing the dedication and selfless acts of riflemen throughout my company while engaging the enemy, I think they do deserve special recognition.  During World War 2, the US Army came up with their CIB for this reason - "Of all soldiers, it was recognized that the infantryman continuously operated under the worst conditions and performed a mission which was not assigned to any other soldier or unit.  They are the only soldier whose daily mission is to close with and destroy the enemy and to seize and hold terrain."  There is nothing wrong with acknowledging this tough and bloody work with a badge.  I hope we see a Canadian version of the CIB and as well a CAB to recognize our brothers in arms, supporting us in the fight.

Try doing your job outside the wire for any length of time, without the 7-9 people in support. The pointy end is only good if it has a good strong shaft behind it. (pun not intended  :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back