• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why won't the recruitment centres answer the phone?

I just spoke to my recruiter at CFNRC. He said they have about 16 guys on the floor there doing the processing for all of Canada. They are extremely busy.

As for getting a hold of someone there I had the same problem. Had to go way back through my emails and find his extension number. Got to have your recruiters ext number or you'll never get through.

Montrealer10 said:
I just spoke to my recruiter at CFNRC. He said they have about 16 guys on the floor there doing the processing for all of Canada. They are extremely busy.

That must be one of the most thankless jobs in the CF. If any of them are reading this, thanks for your dedication.

I've called at different times of day, and have never had a problem getting through.  :nod:  And I've found them to be very helpful.

I was wondering why April is such a busy month for them.  Is it simply because they're doing a lot of selections now and need to call people/people are calling to find out, or is there more to it than that?

curious george said:
I was wondering why April is such a busy month for them. 

The fiscal year begins April 1st. Recruiters thus have to respond to the neurotic queries from people like those found in this section of army.ca and process applications from everyone who "has always wanted since like forever to be in the forces" and wants to be a jtfninjasnipersupercsorcommando.

Of course, theres a few decent, somewhat human-like applicants in the mix too.

CDN Aviator said:
The fiscal year begins April 1st. Recruiters thus have to respond to the neurotic queries from people like those found in this section of army.ca and process applications from everyone who "has always wanted since like forever to be in the forces" and wants to be a jtfninjasnipersupercsorcommando.

Of course, theres a few decent, somewhat human-like applicants in the mix too.

We aren't that busy actually (Maybe North Bay is) but Toronto certainly isn't unusually busy, the processing for the co-ops is more time consuming.  We started preprocessing for the new fiscal year back in Jan.  As for no one answering the phones, in smaller dets its about manpower.

Hatchet Man said:
We aren't that busy actually (Maybe North Bay is) but Toronto certainly isn't unusually busy, the processing for the co-ops is more time consuming.  We started preprocessing for the new fiscal year back in Jan.  As for no one answering the phones, in smaller dets its about manpower.

I guess the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] wasn't obvious.

My bad.

CDN Aviator said:
jtfninjasnipersupercsorcommando.

That made me LMFAO.

Anyways its a new fiscal year and being such the RC are probably bogged down with all the old applications of last year that are being reopened as well as new ones comming in its a busy time of year, especially for the RC. Just a tip from my experiance, I have never had a problem getting an answer if i walked into the RC and talked to them in person. If you dont have the time to do so just leave a message and await a response.

I can't believe this BS hasn't been locked yet.

Oh wait, moderator button!

The spiral continues...

I have just tried to contact my recruiting centre in order to receive some information about health aspects of my life. It is really a need to know basis as I have read somewhere that my condition,( as insignificant as it seems to me) is an immediate disqualification of the CF. Since it takes a lot of time to get to the physical testing, I would like to know now if I have a chance or not, instead of waiting until I get to the physical testing. My condition is hypothyroidism, however, when I spoke to my doctor, she quickly became confused as to why I am not exhibiting any signs of the condition. In reality, it seems as though I only have an enlarged thyroid gland which does not effect any of my day to day activities. I have heard on another forum that it MAY NOT be a disqualification at all if it does not effect any part of my day which it does not, it's just severely irritating to have a big neck without the prescribed medication. I would like to add that I did not take the medication until 4 months after I was diagnosed, and did not have any symptoms of the condition either. If someone could give me insight on that as well, that would be much appreciated

Back to the main point.

My recruiters answering system states that due to a high number of calls, they WILL NOT be returning any calls if one decides to leave a message. I do not know why there is even an answering system if they are not returning calls. Should I leave a message anyways? I know I only have basic inquiries and am not actually scheduling anything yet so it's probably not as important as other calls. Should I try and go into the recruiting office and not leave a message at all ? Or will a message or an e-mail suffice for the quickest reply. I am not too keen on going to the recruiting office as it is in a precarious position in my city and will not for the life of me find parking after work hours, although if worse comes to worse I will.

Please help! And thank you in advance for any and all information :)

In my exprience the quickest way to get in touch with your RC, if at all possible is to go down and pay them a visit. Email's to my recruiter are rarely if ever answered, voice mail's have never been answered and even trying to call is an incredible pain in the ass. So my advice go in and talk to them in person, if not keep calling to you get through.

Shannon193 said:
I have just tried to contact my recruiting centre in order to receive some information about health aspects of my life. It is really a need to know basis as I have read somewhere that my condition,( as insignificant as it seems to me) is an immediate disqualification of the CF. Since it takes a lot of time to get to the physical testing, I would like to know now if I have a chance or not, instead of waiting until I get to the physical testing. My condition is hypothyroidism, however, when I spoke to my doctor, she quickly became confused as to why I am not exhibiting any signs of the condition. In reality, it seems as though I only have an enlarged thyroid gland which does not effect any of my day to day activities. I have heard on another forum that it MAY NOT be a disqualification at all if it does not effect any part of my day which it does not, it's just severely irritating to have a big neck without the prescribed medication. I would like to add that I did not take the medication until 4 months after I was diagnosed, and did not have any symptoms of the condition either. If someone could give me insight on that as well, that would be much appreciated

Back to the main point.

My recruiters answering system states that due to a high number of calls, they WILL NOT be returning any calls if one decides to leave a message. I do not know why there is even an answering system if they are not returning calls. Should I leave a message anyways? I know I only have basic inquiries and am not actually scheduling anything yet so it's probably not as important as other calls. Should I try and go into the recruiting office and not leave a message at all ? Or will a message or an e-mail suffice for the quickest reply. I am not too keen on going to the recruiting office as it is in a precarious position in my city and will not for the life of me find parking after work hours, although if worse comes to worse I will.

Call a different CFRC and ask to talk to a medical officer.

Shannon193 said:

Back to the main point.

They won't provide you with an answer regarding medical issues, it's that simple.  You will have to go through the medical assessment process and then wait for a formal assessment.

PMedMoe said:
:rofl:

Oh, you were serious?

Im assuming this is about as effective as putting honey on a burn ? I was actually going to try it but I think I'll just circle around trying to find parking and go to the recruiting centre

Shannon193 said:
Im assuming this is about as effective as putting honey on a burn ? I was actually going to try it but I think I'll just circle around trying to find parking and go to the recruiting centre

Don't waste your time.  It will go something like this......

You - I have condition X, does this disqualify me from joining the CF?
Them - You will have to be assessed by a Med Tech and the results will be forwarded for review.  Until that is done, we can't say either way.

But if you feel so compelled, go ahead and good luck!

DAA said:
Don't waste your time. 

If on the extremely remote chance you actually got to speak to a Medical Officer: It will go something like this...... 

You - I have condition X, does this disqualify me from joining the CF?
Them - You will have to be assessed by a Med Tech and the results will be forwarded for review.  Until that is done, we can't say either way.

But if you feel so compelled, go ahead and good luck!

FTFY.  ;)

Plain and simple you need to go through the process. 

Medical Professional can't give you a diagnosis over the internet, and they can't give you a yes or no unless they examine you and have your medical information in front of them.  This has been pointed out MANY times on these forums.

Locked.

First let me just say thank you for taking the time to read my question, I greatly appreciate your help and advice.

I currently have an open application for the CAF in process and have been told my background checks went well and that I would receive a call to set up an appointment for an interview with a recruiter. They told me to call back if I had not heard anything from them in two weeks, since then I have called at least twice a week for 2 weeks now without ever getting a person. The call usually goes to an answering machine where I leave my name, application number and cell phone number I can be reached at. Unfortunately I have not heard back.
Is there a time in the day more likely to catch a recruiter free an near his/her phone so that I could touch base? The last time I spoke to a person (4 weeks ago) was early in the morning, so I have tried to aim my calls for 8am, or 8:15.
I understand that recruiters a busy and I have always been polite and concise in my messages, is there any information I am leaving out in my phone calls?

Thanks again, have a great day.

Back