• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why won't the recruitment centres answer the phone?

Thank you, both to yourself and the others who pm'd me to help.
I also used the CAF website email address that will allow you to check the status of your application so I will at least know if something is missing or wrong on my side.

I will continue calling with the information you have provided in mind,
nothing left to do but work on PT.

Cheers

Good day AllSmiles,

Refer to the following posts that you did not read through prior to the submission of your question.

Read first post:

http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/115341.0.html

Submitted Application Whats Next?:

http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118929.0.html

is there a best time to call the recruiting center .. i mean each time a call it just ring and ring and ring ... yesterday i waited for 1h30  ....
i cant just sit all day on the phone 

elbozo said:
is there a best time to call the recruiting center ..

When is the best time to call a recruiting Center?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/119894.0
"Is there a time in the day more likely to catch a recruiter free an near his/her phone so that I could touch base?"

BEST TIME TO CALL CFRC Toronto 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/95037.0

"Also, when would be the best time to call?"
https://army.ca/forums/threads/101944/post-1064960.html#msg1064960

Your file went for further processing a week ago. Relax. Its not ready yet.

elbozo said:
is there a best time to call the recruiting center .. i mean each time a call it just ring and ring and ring ... yesterday i waited for 1h30  ....
i cant just sit all day on the phone

They don't take phone calls.  Try emailing them instead.

To add to what DAA said, from Ask a CAF Recruiter,

if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

PuckChaser said:
Your file went for further processing a week ago. Relax. Its not ready yet.
my files went for further processing 11 days ago (working days ..) and the email told me to call after 10 days ..
the problem is each time i try nobody answer like there is only one dude answring all day long

elbozo said:
my files went for further processing 11 days ago (working days ..) and the email told me to call after 10 days ..
the problem is each time i try nobody answer like there is only one dude answring all day long

Because they're dealing with a thousand files plus people walking in, for a detachment with 5 people. You want answers? Walk in. Otherwise keep calling, its like any other government department.

PuckChaser said:
Because they're dealing with a thousand files plus people walking in, for a detachment with 5 people. You want answers? Walk in. Otherwise keep calling, its like any other government department.
ok ok ... i taught they only took meeting via phone call .. anny ill keep try until Tuesday or i will go in person that day

Hello,

I am kind of in a sticky situation, so I applied around the end of February, I've done all my testing (cfat, medical, fitness) and passed everything, Ive also handed in all my required medical forms for my flat feet and eyes about a month ago, they have even called all my refrences and were pleased with the answers. My recruiter told me that I should start training around may or June but I havent even been sworn in yet, I tried calling my recruiter but apparently he's gone until September so now I have this new one but he is not answering my phone calls and my emails(I've been calling for two weeks). Last thing of the application is iguess security checks and credit but I have never had a criminal offense or even beenough suspended for that matter, I don't even have any credit since I'm only 18, I would think it would go smoothly. I just would lIke to know where my application at and give it somewhat of a push because Ive read on threads that after they called they were sworn in because their application was forgotten about, should I keep calling? Or should I just wait?

Sorry for the bad spelling I'm using a really old phone that lags alot and takes 1000 years to load.

Kv-super said:
I just would lIke to know where my application at and give it somewhat of a push because Ive read on threads that after they called they were sworn in because their application was forgotten about, should I keep calling? Or should I just wait?

From Ask a CAF Recruiter,

After submitting your application:

You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

Kv-super said:
I am kind of in a sticky situation, so I applied around the end of February, I've done all my testing (cfat, medical, fitness) and passed everything, Ive also handed in all my required medical forms for my flat feet and eyes about a month ago, they have even called all my refrences and were pleased with the answers. My recruiter told me that I should start training around may or June but I havent even been sworn in yet, I tried calling my recruiter but apparently he's gone until September so now I have this new one but he is not answering my phone calls and my emails(I've been calling for two weeks). Last thing of the application is iguess security checks and credit but I have never had a criminal offense or even beenough suspended for that matter, I don't even have any credit since I'm only 18, I would think it would go smoothly. I just would lIke to know where my application at and give it somewhat of a push because Ive read on threads that after they called they were sworn in because their application was forgotten about, should I keep calling? Or should I just wait?

If you just "handed in all my required medical forms for my flat feet and eyes about a month ago", then chances are, your Medical has not yet been reviewed and approved.  Normal turn around time after completion of the Medical and return of any additional forms, is 6-8 weeks minimum.

Keep calling or try emailing them for a status update.  Worse case scenario, contact the Recruiting Customer Service Section who can be found at the link below.

"I need assistance with my application"  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Don't get your hopes up... I called Ottawa to check on my medical file and their current status and lets just say I was not pleased to hear that there is a three month delay.

Got my email a week ago to schedule an appointment with the recruitment center I emailed them and it says if I don't get a response with 5 business days to call , the Toronto recruitment center doesn't answer any calls anyone know why, I've called multiple times 

They may just be busy. I would keep trying, just be carful not to harass them.

FinnO25 said:
They may just be busy.

Call Display? < joking!

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Trueprince2 said:
MarioMike,
I'm confused

It was a joke,

Joke: "A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter."

I admit, it was pretty lame.  :)

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Back