• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

why would we need a large military?

Ok you want to go on tour. Great cause I don‘t want to see Bosnia again and I‘ve only been once. I can‘t imagine those that have gone 4 or 5 times. Anyway how about the multiple courses that run year round. How many of you are lining up for those. I know my BN could use everyone from Cpl‘s to leadership pers.

I‘ve been teaching on courses every summer for the last 4 years, as well as 5 weekend courses during the same time period. I‘ll be there again this summer. We send plenty of personnel to instruct, but you‘re right, there usualy seems to be a shortage during the summer courses. Guess I should have stayed a corporal untill I got a couple of tours under my belt.

Half the problem when it comes to slotting reservists into reg force taskings, tours or otherwise, is the fact that there is a serious lack of communication between the units that are supposed to be exchanging pers. If a reservist could just walk up to the front door of 2 PPCLI and ask for a position, I don‘t think there would be as many problems filling the spots. They can‘t do that though. The way it works right now, there are holdups and administrative shenanigans at every level between the gaining unit and Pte Bloggins from the Butt **** Fusiliers who eventually gets the tasking. They‘ve actually come out with a new website which lists unfilled positions, and I think that‘s a step in the right direction. Here‘s the link:

http://armyonline.army.mil.ca/CLS/143000440000901/DEFAULT.ASP?Lng=E

As it stands right now, both of you are right: the regs need more reserve augmentees, and not enough reservists can get the taskings they‘re begging for.

Back